Dior Spa Services

So I have always known Dior spa services to be complimentary. But today, I took in my lady door wallet that has very noticeable wear on the edges only to be told it’ll be $300 just for the edges! My SA said ever since Louis Vuitton took over they have made these types of changes. I’m torn.. do I try to sell as is and buy a new one? Keep until it’s on its wits ends and then buy a new one? I had purchased it for $980 in 2017...

So I have always known Dior spa services to be complimentary. But today, I took in my lady door wallet that has very noticeable wear on the edges only to be told it’ll be $300 just for the edges! My SA said ever since Louis Vuitton took over they have made these types of changes. I’m torn.. do I try to sell as is and buy a new one? Keep until it’s on its wits ends and then buy a new one? I had purchased it for $980 in 2017...
What do they mean by LV took over? Bernard Arnault, owner of LVMH, bought Dior back in 1984. The SA is making stuff up.

Brands do often charge for a spa service in my experience, especially when a bag is out of warranty. If you can pay $300 for the bag to look brand new, then why not? LV offered to charge me $300 CAD to replace the zipper on my Zippy wallet. The wallet itself was just $400.

What do they mean by LV took over? Bernard Arnault, owner of LVMH, bought Dior back in 1984. The SA is making stuff up.

Brands do often charge for a spa service in my experience, especially when a bag is out of warranty. If you can pay $300 for the bag to look brand new, then why not? LV offered to charge me $300 CAD to replace the zipper on my Zippy wallet. The wallet itself was just $400.
Good to know. I see so many comments about service being complimentary that I suppose it took me by surprise. And you’re right, the amount paid will be less than a brand new item and will result in my wallet looking new again. Thanks

• Love
Reactions: averagejoe and 880
Hi! Has anyone had any issues with delays in repairs? I dropped my Lady Dior bag off at a Las Vegas boutique on April 19th and I have yet to hear back on how much they repair will cost or if they will even be able to fix the item (a metal piece came off the handle). They told me I should hear back on the repair quote in 2-4 weeks and it’s been almost 3 months. This timing doesn’t even include the actual repair, just a quote. Every time I text the store manager he says someone will be in contact. Curious if this is a common theme or something strange is going on. Please let me know as I miss my bag so much!

Does anyone know if it is complimentary to repair a scratch on the leather of a Dior heel if I bought it within the year?

I bought a pair of Dior heels a few months ago, and recently, I accidentally stepped into a rather large crack and scraped the heel. It's not terrible but if there is a time limit for a complimentary repair then I would like to fix it asap.

Hi! Has anyone had any issues with delays in repairs? I dropped my Lady Dior bag off at a Las Vegas boutique on April 19th and I have yet to hear back on how much they repair will cost or if they will even be able to fix the item (a metal piece came off the handle). They told me I should hear back on the repair quote in 2-4 weeks and it’s been almost 3 months. This timing doesn’t even include the actual repair, just a quote. Every time I text the store manager he says someone will be in contact. Curious if this is a common theme or something strange is going on. Please let me know as I miss my bag so much!

hey, sorry to hear about this. It must have been frustrating! :sad:

I sent some photos to an SA (London) on 27th May this year and hoping that they could give a quote on a make-over service. It was an old 2006 lady dior with studs. The shape was lost, two studs were missing, leather peeled off a bit at one handle and it just needed a good o clean. I didn't hear back from them for 2 weeks so sort of chased them again and SA said it usually takes 7 days for Paris to respond. They finally came back on 17th June saying that they don't have the studs anymore so they feel that they wouldn't do any justice to it... So sadly I had to turn to a handbag repairer and they quoted me 8 weeks of lead time. That's a long time to wait and gosh your 3 months is just too long!!

Hope you hear back from them soon.

Does anyone know if it is complimentary to repair a scratch on the leather of a Dior heel if I bought it within the year?

I bought a pair of Dior heels a few months ago, and recently, I accidentally stepped into a rather large crack and scraped the heel. It's not terrible but if there is a time limit for a complimentary repair then I would like to fix it asap.

always worth asking I think!

I took my saddle bag out for a night on the town last night and just discovered a scratch about an inch long! :crybaby: I have no idea what could have caused it except maybe my key or something. Luckily it’s not very noticeable, especially since it’s on the back side where it will always be under my arm. But it is a deep scratch and feels rough to the touch. And here I was feeling so smart for getting grained calfskin because I thought it would be indestructible!! :facepalm:

Do you think there’s anything they can do? I don’t mind if it doesn’t come back looking like nothing ever happened, I’d just like the edges to be smoothed a bit if that’s possible so that they won’t get ragged (if that makes sense).

Also, do you think it’s best to ask my regular SA about sending it in (I buy remotely through him and got this before I started working with him), or would it be better to just take it to the nearest boutique (about 1.5 hrs away)?

81FE5F13-DF76-4B7F-A063-A85C59EBEC66.jpegD822BF24-5283-4350-9E48-F0F45DD91E94.jpeg301426A6-11DC-45E2-A1BB-501EC9DD7211.jpeg

I took my saddle bag out for a night on the town last night and just discovered a scratch about an inch long! :crybaby: I have no idea what could have caused it except maybe my key or something. Luckily it’s not very noticeable, especially since it’s on the back side where it will always be under my arm. But it is a deep scratch and feels rough to the touch. And here I was feeling so smart for getting grained calfskin because I thought it would be indestructible!! :facepalm:

Do you think there’s anything they can do? I don’t mind if it doesn’t come back looking like nothing ever happened, I’d just like the edges to be smoothed a bit if that’s possible so that they won’t get ragged (if that makes sense).

Also, do you think it’s best to ask my regular SA about sending it in (I buy remotely through him and got this before I started working with him), or would it be better to just take it to the nearest boutique (about 1.5 hrs away)?

View attachment 5147079View attachment 5147080View attachment 5147081
Sorry that this happened to you. This leather is scratch-resistant but not scratch-proof, as is any leather in general. Even stiff plastic can scratch. If you take sharp keys against LV's monogram canvas, it will scratch too.

Luckily, this is leather so scratches can be repaired. I suggest applying a tiny, tiny bit of leather conditioner to the area, and gently rubbing the scratch in a circular motion with a finger. Do not do it too hard or else the colour can rub off from heavy abrasion. The conditioner can swell up the leather that was scratched and minimize the look of the scratch.

Reactions: Prettyinpnknwht
Sorry that this happened to you. This leather is scratch-resistant but not scratch-proof, as is any leather in general. Even stiff plastic can scratch. If you take sharp keys against LV's monogram canvas, it will scratch too.

Luckily, this is leather so scratches can be repaired. I suggest applying a tiny, tiny bit of leather conditioner to the area, and gently rubbing the scratch in a circular motion with a finger. Do not do it too hard or else the colour can rub off from heavy abrasion. The conditioner can swell up the leather that was scratched and minimize the look of the scratch.
Thanks for the tip!! I feel a lot better knowing that might help.

Reactions: averagejoe
Does anyone has recent experience with the Dior bag spa? Would love to know pricing on replacing scratched up hardware on a lady dior and touching up the lambskin leather that has corner wear. Do I need to show proof of purchase or can I bring in a preloved bag? Thanks!