Dior Spa Services

Hi friends,

I recently got my first ABC Lady Dior back in September (at the end actually, so start of October) after eyeing the bag for awhile. My boyfriend and I debated on getting the classic black one but I opted for the light powder pink since it was more my style. I did think about color transfer since it is a lighter color and I didn’t think it would happen so soon. I have only worn the bag 3 times since I bought it. There is now slight discoloration on the right side (I attached pictures below).

It was more noticeable before I tried to clean it a little bit (The 1st picture I took last night and the last photo I took this morning). It doesn’t show up too well on camera, so someone would have to be staring at it to notice the color difference.

I contacted my SA and he told me I could bring it in to get it sent out for cleaning. Do you think they would be able to fix the coloring on it? Thank you so much!

Attachments

• B9FFC161-E627-4DC0-BA61-D13FEFD57EED.jpeg
    B9FFC161-E627-4DC0-BA61-D13FEFD57EED.jpeg
    105.7 KB · Views: 82
  • E7A7B627-8B45-4D0C-A5B0-1E2C20283B3D.jpeg
    E7A7B627-8B45-4D0C-A5B0-1E2C20283B3D.jpeg
    96.5 KB · Views: 82
  • 6BA65149-721D-43EA-A8E4-B140809BDDB2.jpeg
    6BA65149-721D-43EA-A8E4-B140809BDDB2.jpeg
    226.8 KB · Views: 78
Hi friends,

I recently got my first ABC Lady Dior back in September (at the end actually, so start of October) after eyeing the bag for awhile. My boyfriend and I debated on getting the classic black one but I opted for the light powder pink since it was more my style. I did think about color transfer since it is a lighter color and I didn’t think it would happen so soon. I have only worn the bag 3 times since I bought it. There is now slight discoloration on the right side (I attached pictures below).

It was more noticeable before I tried to clean it a little bit (The 1st picture I took last night and the last photo I took this morning). It doesn’t show up too well on camera, so someone would have to be staring at it to notice the color difference.

I contacted my SA and he told me I could bring it in to get it sent out for cleaning. Do you think they would be able to fix the coloring on it? Thank you so much!
They may be able to clean this out. It looks like dirt, as if that area is touched a lot.

This was the same question I had once I start browsing the second hand marked, but unfortunately I still have no idea…
The only thing I know is what the SA said me in store: for the bags purchased in the boutique, the cleaning service would be offered forever.
I bought my lady dior from fashionphile and it didn’t come with authenticity card or receipt. I just took it to the boutique and told them it was a gift and I didn’t have no proof of purchase. They took it in because the manager approved it and they’re currently changing the hardware and will clean it. They quoted me around $450 and this was about 45 days ago.

I’m not sure whether Dior will still accept the bag (even though it’s authentic) for cleaning/ fixing if there is no user profile registered with the purchase history of that bag …

^ this is what I have experienced from the Singapore boutiques, but I do hear of cases in London/ US where they are okay to take it.

Hi All,
I'm trying to decide between patent vs lambskin lady dior. I'm not sure if I'll get an answer so soon, I want to purchase it before the price raise in Febraury.

I was pretty set on buying a patent black one for durability (colour transfer, water) especially since I don't live in a particularly humid location (canada). I am worried about dulling though, how does that work? what affects it?

I don't have (long) nails and I'd consider myself pretty careful about scratching. I'm mostly worried about lambskin colour transfer and getting dirty. My hands can get sweaty sometimes so I'm worried that could do something.

Anyway, this is my first time hearing about Dior offering dyeing services and now I'm conflicted.
Do they only dye it back in the original colour or would they be able to dye it to a different colour?
I don't like matte black, so it'd be great if I could just dye it black and sell it if the colour. I'm thinking either steel grey or placid blue!

I own a pearlescent opaline grey mini (it's 2 years old now) which still looks like new, but I baby it and only wear it occasionally. For the new one, I hope to wear it more often, but by often it'll still just be for going shopping, dinner, etc. I think the pearlescent finish probably helps to mask any blemishes although I haven't noticed any.
Also, does anyone know if they dye pearlescent ones? I own an ultramatte black lady dior pouch and because of the finish, they won't do any repairs on it at all (buying ultramatte was one of my biggest regrets).

Hi All,
I'm trying to decide between patent vs lambskin lady dior. I'm not sure if I'll get an answer so soon, I want to purchase it before the price raise in Febraury.

I was pretty set on buying a patent black one for durability (colour transfer, water) especially since I don't live in a particularly humid location (canada). I am worried about dulling though, how does that work? what affects it?

I don't have (long) nails and I'd consider myself pretty careful about scratching. I'm mostly worried about lambskin colour transfer and getting dirty. My hands can get sweaty sometimes so I'm worried that could do something.

Anyway, this is my first time hearing about Dior offering dyeing services and now I'm conflicted.
Do they only dye it back in the original colour or would they be able to dye it to a different colour?
I don't like matte black, so it'd be great if I could just dye it black and sell it if the colour. I'm thinking either steel grey or placid blue!

I own a pearlescent opaline grey mini (it's 2 years old now) which still looks like new, but I baby it and only wear it occasionally. For the new one, I hope to wear it more often, but by often it'll still just be for going shopping, dinner, etc. I think the pearlescent finish probably helps to mask any blemishes although I haven't noticed any.
Also, does anyone know if they dye pearlescent ones? I own an ultramatte black lady dior pouch and because of the finish, they won't do any repairs on it at all (buying ultramatte was one of my biggest regrets).
Dior doesn't always need to redye. For example, if the handles get soiled, then they can be replaced. Also, patent leather doesn't get dull that easily. It would need a lot of rubbing and scratching to look dull. If you were able to keep your pearlescent one pristine, then patent should not be an issue as long as it is in a dark colour. Lighter colours tend to show yellowing over time.

I think the best Lady Dior if you want something more care-free is the ultra glossy black patent one:
https%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fwp-content%2Fblogs.dir%2F6%2Ffiles%2F2021%2F07%2Flady-dior-glossy-handbag-launch-3.jpg

The finish on the hardware is really resilient and doesn't scratch or chip easily. If it does, then that too can be replaced.

It also comes in a more scratch-resistant grained calfskin version:
1683283813_M0531OWRT_M900_E01_GHC.jpg

Dior doesn't always need to redye. For example, if the handles get soiled, then they can be replaced. Also, patent leather doesn't get dull that easily. It would need a lot of rubbing and scratching to look dull. If you were able to keep your pearlescent one pristine, then patent should not be an issue as long as it is in a dark colour. Lighter colours tend to show yellowing over time.

I think the best Lady Dior if you want something more care-free is the ultra glossy black patent one:
https%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fwp-content%2Fblogs.dir%2F6%2Ffiles%2F2021%2F07%2Flady-dior-glossy-handbag-launch-3.jpg

The finish on the hardware is really resilient and doesn't scratch or chip easily. If it does, then that too can be replaced.

It also comes in a more scratch-resistant grained calfskin version:
1683283813_M0531OWRT_M900_E01_GHC.jpg
Hi! Thanks so much for your reply! I went in store today and I think I'll go with the steel grey lambskin.