Dior Shoes

My Christmas present to myself.
Also, as the sole is smooth, do you all stick any anti slip to the sole of the shoes or is it not as slippery as it looks?
Congrats and Merry Christmas! I have these in multiple colorways and have never had any slipping issues - even though the rubber is smooth it's more "grippy" than a standard leather sole, if that makes sense. And the navy is so versatile - enjoy!!

Also, as the sole is smooth, do you all stick any anti slip to the sole of the shoes or is it not as slippery as it looks?
I love the Dior espadrilles, but I have to warn you to be careful if walking on wet surfaces. It was a rainy day, and I walked down my sloped driveway and totally slipped and landed on my butt. Thankfully no injuries, but just have to let you know. I'm just a bit more careful to not rush when I'm wearing these shoes and other shoes that don't have grip. I try to add vibram soles for shoes, but these not sure how to add them since it's a rubber sole already.

Congrats and Merry Christmas! I have these in multiple colorways and have never had any slipping issues - even though the rubber is smooth it's more "grippy" than a standard leather sole, if that makes sense. And the navy is so versatile - enjoy!!
Thanks Merry Christmas and a happy new year to you. Yes I tried walking in them without adding an anti slip. Seems not too bad and slippery one would think.

Reactions: Mapoon
I love the Dior espadrilles, but I have to warn you to be careful if walking on wet surfaces. It was a rainy day, and I walked down my sloped driveway and totally slipped and landed on my butt. Thankfully no injuries, but just have to let you know. I'm just a bit more careful to not rush when I'm wearing these shoes and other shoes that don't have grip. I try to add vibram soles for shoes, but these not sure how to add them since it's a rubber sole already.
Thanks for your advice. Yes it is a bit more slippery on wet surface. Especially at the country I live in, it is raining daily now. Still manageable but as you mentioned I will walk slower when I am in them.

Reactions: Mapoon and may3545
This is a good point - I try to avoid wearing espadrilles in rainy weather but it makes sense that the rubber would be slippery on a wet surface.

Reactions: Mapoon and may3545
I’m obsessed with these shoes! I am about to buy them but I’m worried about keeping them clean. It rains a lot in the UK. How delicate is the embroidery? Any advice?
The embroidery is absolutely stunning! Personally, I find the Dior canvas/embroidery intricate, yet strong and well-made, however, I find the white canvas hard to maintain. We probably have a shorter rain season here in Australia compared to the UK but I find my white canvas gets dirt stains much easier and I don't even wear it when it's raining.
I guess you could also think about when, where, which season, and how often you'll wear it to help you decide :biggrin:
You can always try waterproofing the shoes if you plan on wearing them often in the rain.
It is still a fabric material so it's not as easy to maintain as leather, so I expected it to be more high-maintenance than my leather items. Hope that helps! :smile:

The embroidery is absolutely stunning! Personally, I find the Dior canvas/embroidery intricate, yet strong and well-made, however, I find the white canvas hard to maintain. We probably have a shorter rain season here in Australia compared to the UK but I find my white canvas gets dirt stains much easier and I don't even wear it when it's raining.
I guess you could also think about when, where, which season, and how often you'll wear it to help you decide :biggrin:
You can always try waterproofing the shoes if you plan on wearing them often in the rain.
It is still a fabric material so it's not as easy to maintain as leather, so I expected it to be more high-maintenance than my leather items. Hope that helps! :smile:
Thank you so much! That really helps. I ordered the shoes

I got the same pair too, they are so beautiful & classic! Im just started to break into them by wearing it around to walk around the house for a few min each day...Im glad beneath the fabric there's a leather lining so hope it will help in the stretch before I wear them out..I also have the same thoughts as you but I think they should be able to hold its grip well...but I will not encourage to wear them on a rainy day...esp since majority of the shoe is fabric...Enjoy them in good health!

😂actually i have gotten the Walk N Dior in grey
so far its bearable with socks
hopefully i can break it in
I just ordered the white ones (they didn’t have it in store so I couldn’t try). May I ask how do you like them now a few months later? Are they comfy? Contemplating switching to grey ones, but wonder are they easy to match (daily outfit)? Would love to hear your experience, thank you in advance 🙏🏻

I just ordered the white ones (they didn’t have it in store so I couldn’t try). May I ask how do you like them now a few months later? Are they comfy? Contemplating switching to grey ones, but wonder are they easy to match (daily outfit)? Would love to hear your experience, thank you in advance 🙏🏻
yes so far they ate rather comfy for me
i wouldnt go hiking or long walks in them😂

but they are good for normal shopping walking
did you mean the white pair with fixed laces that cant be tied? i took a half size bigger for those in 37.5 as the toe box was stiffer compared to my grey oblique pair

Reactions: LVsister
yes so far they ate rather comfy for me
i wouldnt go hiking or long walks in them😂

but they are good for normal shopping walking
did you mean the white pair with fixed laces that cant be tied? i took a half size bigger for those in 37.5 as the toe box was stiffer compared to my grey oblique pair
Thank you so much for your reply, its so hard to find reviews about the walk n Dior sneakers on the long term...I ordered the white leather version. They only had the canvas version in store as the SA kinda assured me the sizes of the canvas/leather version r the same, I ordered the canvas/my usual size...But I think I will ask the SA tomorrow to try and get the grey ones (easier to keep clean?)