Dior RTW F/W 2017

Michel Pastoureau, professor of medieval history and expert on Western symbology, explaining the history of the colour blue. Click the CC button in the bottom right corner to turn on subtitles. Click on the settings to set language.

Transcription:
"The story of the colour blue is the story of a real reversal of values. It was a colour that had little importance or was unpopular. In Roman society, no one wore blue; they saw it as the colour of barbarians. When Roman women began to wear blue, it seemed appalling; the old Romans were horrified. It was not a worthy colour.

During the middle ages, there was what you might call a real blue revolution. Blue grew in popularity and became a rival to red. Stained glass and enamels began to use this colour on a large scale. During the 11th and 12th centuries, it became important to distinguish between divine and terrestrial light. Terrestrial light was white or golden, while divine light became blue. In the same way, divine figures became associated with the colour blue, starting with Christ and the Virgin Mary. Kings began to dress in blue: Philip Agustus was the first king of France to do so. In the 16th century, the Protestant Reformation attached moral values to many colours and distinguished between honest and immoral colours - these were colours that were too bright or showy: yellow, green, and red.

Between the 1860s and the First World War, many uniforms changed from black to navy blue, with the idea that this colour was less harsh than black. It was a demure, peaceful colour that was not aggressive. Incidentally, this is the reason why major international bodies, all founded in the West, are symbolised by the colour blue.
Even if green is my favourite colour I can tell you that in 20 or 30 years blue will still be the favourite colour in Western Europe. I can predict the future."

I like this collection much more than the previous one. Not sure about the bags.
And there is another thing ... I can understand the blue colour, but why uniform as a theme for a DIOR collection? I am feeling uncomfortable even using these two words in one sentence
Cannot wait to see what will actually arrive in stores. The "commercial" items are usually more wearable than the runway ones

Hi, I'm new to the Dior threads. I have been heavy info chanel for the past few years. Today I stopped by to explore the Dior rtw. I liked what I saw. Nice clean lines, quality fabrics and construction.

I'm wondering if buying Dior is as stressful as buying Chanel? Do people reserve things ahead of time?

How do prices compare from the US to Europe? Have they been equalized like Chanel or is there a big difference like most other brands? I'm wondering if I should shop here in the US or wait for my fall Paris trip.

Thanks for any advice.