Dior RTW F/W 2017

I really loved this collection. The taffeta and deep navy blue speaks to me. :love:

This collection was gorgeous, I actually like it more than the last RTW one!

Me too. There is a departure from the "Maria-made Valentino" aesthetic that was present in the first collection. I also saw references to the work of Raf Simons and Galliano, which is good because those are all important years in the history of the House of Dior. After all, Galliano spent more years at Dior than Monsieur Dior himself.

Some images of the bags from Coveteur.com:
DIOR_AW_2017_First_Looks-38-627x940.jpg

DIOR_AW_2017_First_Looks-24-1409x940.jpg
DIOR_AW_2017_First_Looks-26-627x940.jpg

DIOR_AW_2017_Show-11-1409x940.jpg
DIOR_AW_2017_First_Looks-31-1409x940.jpg

DIOR_AW_2017_First_Looks-44-1409x940.jpg
DIOR_AW_2017_First_Looks-39-627x940.jpg

Me too. There is a departure from the "Maria-made Valentino" aesthetic that was present in the first collection. I also saw references to the work of Raf Simons and Galliano, which is good because those are all important years in the history of the House of Dior. After all, Galliano spent more years at Dior than Monsieur Dior himself.
It was such a solid collection. Much stronger than her first. But that's understandable. The training wheels are definitely coming off sooner.

It was such a solid collection. Much stronger than her first. But that's understandable. The training wheels are definitely coming off sooner.
Matia claims that her team didn't have a lot of time to design the first collection (only 5 weeks or something like that because people in the atelier were on holiday). This collection shows a lot more thought.

One of the new monogram bags with the Christian Dior plaque is really nice. Looks really sturdy and easy-to-use.