Dior Jardin Japonais

(Feel free to move this to the appropriate thread)...

The exhibit is beyond wonderful. The scale of it is so overwhelming, especially having been fan of Dior for years and years.

I wish people who doubt Maria Grazia get to see her work and realize that she fits right in the Dior timeline. Yes her Dior is a bit more laid back but the details of her designs when seen in person are breathtaking.

I'll add more when I post photos in the Dior Exhibit thread.

I do hope you get to see it, AJ!!
I have tried on and seen parts of the FW 2017 collection and the lines are very classic Dior. Clinched in waists and full skirts. Yes there are a few mechanic uniforms but that is not the whole collection. I see that pattern in Cruise 2018 as well. I really enjoy looking at photos of RTW from Cruise 2018 and can not wait to see it hit the boutiques.

IMG_4505.jpgIMG_4495.jpg

(Feel free to move this to the appropriate thread)...

The exhibit is beyond wonderful. The scale of it is so overwhelming, especially having been fan of Dior for years and years.

I wish people who doubt Maria Grazia get to see her work and realize that she fits right in the Dior timeline. Yes her Dior is a bit more laid back but the details of her designs when seen in person are breathtaking.

I'll add more when I post photos in the Dior Exhibit thread.

I do hope you get to see it, AJ!!
I hope so, too. Wasn't happy to learn that the one that is coming to the ROM in Toronto is just from 1947-1957. I mean, those are the years of the founder, and it'll be lovely to see his designs. But I grew up with Galliano's designs and for me, they have an emotional connection.

Somehow it always feels like something is lost when Toronto hosts something. It misses the extravagance that you see in other big cities. Even the current exhibit in Australia is bigger.

I hope so, too. Wasn't happy to learn that the one that is coming to the ROM in Toronto is just from 1947-1957. I mean, those are the years of the founder, and it'll be lovely to see his designs. But I grew up with Galliano's designs and for me, they have an emotional connection.

Somehow it always feels like something is lost when Toronto hosts something. It misses the extravagance that you see in other big cities. Even the current exhibit in Australia is bigger.

Aww that's too bad. Like you, I grew up associating Dior to Galliano. And really I had goosebumps especially the last room that had all the grand dresses. Galliano is really gifted and he really shined in his Couture collections. I love Raf at Jil Sander and really loved him at Dior - unfortunately the magic is gone for me when he went to Calvin Klein, I walked past his collections for CK while in Paris and it just doesn't appeal to me.

I also wished that they featured a few more of Bill Gayten's designs (they had a couple) as I really feel he was the essential "bridge" between Galliano and Raf.

Reactions: SherwoodMom
I have tried on and seen parts of the FW 2017 collection and the lines are very classic Dior. Clinched in waists and full skirts. Yes there are a few mechanic uniforms but that is not the whole collection. I see that pattern in Cruise 2018 as well. I really enjoy looking at photos of RTW from Cruise 2018 and can not wait to see it hit the boutiques.

View attachment 3828279View attachment 3828278

There will also be that mocha/brown (like the Galliano era!) version of the oblique and Bohemian strap for Cruise.

I think the navy Bohemian strap goes very well with navy bags. The red/green Bohemian strap with black bags. The Blue oblique strap goes nicely with both black and navy bags.

I've tried them on myself. I just didn't like that they're not adjustable (and a bit heavy) plus the price! But very unique and an edgier alternative to the more feminine/cutesy Fendi Strap You.

IMG_1505774388.556036.jpg

IMG_1505774325.539006.jpg

One of my best friends is in Tokyo for work. She dutifully went to Dior Ginza for me and took photos and looked for the capsule mitzah. Sadly there was not much left of the capsule collection. Here's what she found in Dior Ginza. IMG_4665.JPGIMG_4664.JPG IMG_4663.JPG

Reactions: averagejoe
One of my best friends is in Tokyo for work. She dutifully went to Dior Ginza for me and took photos and looked for the capsule mitzah. Sadly there was not much left of the capsule collection. Here's what she found in Dior Ginza. View attachment 3833860View attachment 3833859 View attachment 3833857
Thanks for the photos! The latter two bags don't actually belong to the capsule collection. They are previous Dior styles that are still available at that boutique.