Dior Caro!

I'm not a logo matchy-matchy person at all, but I don't wear jeweller and need a lift to my outfits so the 30 Montaigne belt has recently caught my eye. My worry is looking like a fashion victim as I have the Caro (same logo clasp as belt, matches perfectly) ... Wanted to sense check with the Caro community here for thoughts, before I went ahead with the belt! TIA! X

I'm not a logo matchy-matchy person at all, but I don't wear jeweller and need a lift to my outfits so the 30 Montaigne belt has recently caught my eye. My worry is looking like a fashion victim as I have the Caro (same logo clasp as belt, matches perfectly) ... Wanted to sense check with the Caro community here for thoughts, before I went ahead with the belt! TIA! X
I am more of an "anti-matchy" person, so if it were me, I wouldn't wear them together. However, I would probably still buy the belt if I liked it, and just wear it separately with a different bag. Again, that's just me.

• Insightful
Reactions: 880 and Saturday14
I bought the small caro in a dusty mauve yesterday! Can’t open it till I get back home to the USA. I was torn between the grey and the dusty mauve as was everyone else in the store that I surveyed but in the end I just found I would get more use out of the dusty pink color.
I’m still looking for a light blue gray bag if anyone has recommendations that would be nice.
I don’t want to buy another Dior ATM. I will get the lady Dior one day but mostly in white or black.

I don't have any Dior but I'm swooning over this Caro pouch in Toile de Jouy Voyage. It doesn't look like it would fit much more than a phone, cash and card though. Does anybody know if phone, keys and car fob will fit?

20230506_103408.jpg

Reactions: fibbi
I don't have any Dior but I'm swooning over this Caro pouch in Toile de Jouy Voyage. It doesn't look like it would fit much more than a phone, cash and card though. Does anybody know if phone, keys and car fob will fit?

View attachment 5777478
I have a Diorama with similar dimensions and only use it when I'm not carrying keys or a car fob to avoid over stuffing it. I find carrying my (10s Max) phone with the keys and car fob makes the bag look distorted and hard to close the bag. Because of that I only use it on nights out or during travels when the only key I have is a card key.

Reactions: cathavenicethings
I have a Diorama with similar dimensions and only use it when I'm not carrying keys or a car fob to avoid over stuffing it. I find carrying my (10s Max) phone with the keys and car fob makes the bag look distorted and hard to close the bag. Because of that I only use it on nights out or during travels when the only key I have is a card key.
Thank you for the reply! Likely too small for me then.

View attachment 5777478
Love this! Was at Dior today and did not see anything like this - only the more colorful pieces from the Toile du Jouy Voyage collection. This reminds me of the Gucci tiger horsebit wallet on chain I bought last year from the Lunar New Year - Year of the Tiger collection. I looked up the dimensions and they are similar. Dior website says this will fit all iphones and i have managed to fit enough in the Gucci chained wallet for being as small as it is, just the very basics though. Ugh, now I want this bag too!1687239146531.png

Love this! Was at Dior today and did not see anything like this - only the more colorful pieces from the Toile du Jouy Voyage collection. This reminds me of the Gucci tiger horsebit wallet on chain I bought last year from the Lunar New Year - Year of the Tiger collection. I looked up the dimensions and they are similar. Dior website says this will fit all iphones and i have managed to fit enough in the Gucci chained wallet for being as small as it is, just the very basics though. Ugh, now I want this bag too!
Yes, the Dior caro pouch with the tiger totally made me think of the Gucci year of the tiger collection when I first saw it! I love your wallet! It's a piece of art! :catlick:

Yes, the Dior caro pouch with the tiger totally made me think of the Gucci year of the tiger collection when I first saw it! I love your wallet! It's a piece of art! :catlick:
Thank you. It is the smallest chained wallet I own and have others that fit quite a bit more, but it's good if you need something small and clearly matches nearly any color (as would the black and white Dior one). Was never super into tigers or anything but I read an article about all different designers who had come out with year of the tiger collections or special pieces and I was obsessed. The Gucci one pretty but I thought this Ferragamo one was truly a piece of art!
1687241790277.png

I bought the small caro in a dusty mauve yesterday! Can’t open it till I get back home to the USA. I was torn between the grey and the dusty mauve as was everyone else in the store that I surveyed but in the end I just found I would get more use out of the dusty pink color.
I’m still looking for a light blue gray bag if anyone has recommendations that would be nice.
I don’t want to buy another Dior ATM. I will get the lady Dior one day but mostly in white or black.
If you are looking for greyish light blue bag, here are a few suggestions you can check out:

- Prada (I saw a beautiful debossed logo camera bag at Outlet in Orlando in a really pretty greysih blue color, also I think the regular stores have several items in light blue including saffiano totes with debossed logo)
- Bottega Veneta (they have some really cool denim-printed leather bags like the Jodi and the pouch that are leather made to look like denim. On another note, Givenchy has some new bags that are actually denim as well but not so much a "light" blue but very pretty.)
- Chloe (I am not into this brand personally but saw a few things online that appeared greyish light blue color)
- Also noticed a Proenza Schouler Drawstring Pouch Crossbody on sale on the Nordstrom website in a color called blue stone (only 1 left in stock):

Hope this helps. Let us know what you end up getting!

Looking to purchase the 5 Slot Card Holder. Any opinions on durability etc? Swapping out from the YSL card holder which was very durable, but I got over the big logo.

View attachment 5810958
No opinion on durability because I don’t own one but I was looking at this in the store over the weekend and really like how functional it is. I ended up buying the zipped key holder instead though since it just felt more secure for me.