Dior Boutique Sales

The sale started in Canada, good variety of ready to wear items (mostly sizes 34 and 38) I fell in love with a lot of pieces but I had to alter them and I don’t have a heart to do that. Anyone here has experience tailoring ready to wear? I’m a 36 and the size 38 skirts were huge on my waist

when they have the sale in US/NY? Thanks!
Until Tuesday I think?
Anyone here has experience tailoring ready to wear? I’m a 36 and the size 38 skirts were huge on my waist
All the time (Shorten sleeves and hems, sometimes from the top; let out or take in jackets, dresses, and skirts). My outside third party professional tailor does this bc I dislike waiting for the boutique. I actually think my outside tailor does a better job on my dior, chanel, brunello, Hermes, etc, including leather. You have to find a tailor who is hopefully experienced as a pattern cutter, who has a good eye for the line and fit of the garment. The one thing I would not recommend tailoring outside are sweaters bc you need a special machine to finish the ends. Note: if a garment has to be scaled down, in other words, if when shortened, a skirt or dress might look too voluminous, it can get complicated and expensive. Actually, all good tailoring is expensive.

Last edited:
Until Tuesday I think?

All the time (Shorten sleeves and hems, sometimes from the top; let out or take in jackets, dresses, and skirts). My outside third party professional tailor does this bc I dislike waiting for the boutique. I actually think my outside tailor does a better job on my dior, chanel, brunello, Hermes, etc, including leather. You have to find a tailor who is hopefully experienced as a pattern cutter, who has a good eye for the line and fit of the garment. The one thing I would not recommend tailoring outside are sweaters bc you need a special machine to finish the ends. Note: if a garment has to be scaled down, in other words, if when shortened, a skirt or dress might look too voluminous, it can get complicated and expensive. Actually, all good tailoring is expensive.
Thank you, this was very helpful :heart: those were my concerns! I think that with the amount of fabric that needs to be removed from the waist the shape of the skirt might look off, as you mentioned, too voluminous.