Dinner Options Poll for NYC Spring Meet-Up

Which Option?

• Pricey

• Moderately Pricey

• Excellent Deal for Quality of Food

• Bargain Basement

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm okay with whatever the range might be. But I would prefer to stay somewhere close, since I think traveling any real distance with a group can be a bit of a pain.

i will most likely be going, hopefully the date will work out for me...

but i am opposed to spending $180-200 for dinner when that could be money towards a pair of Louboutins...

my preference would be places downtown, tribeca, east village, soho, west village... i would rather not go to brooklyn...

there are places with a private room where we can rent out the whole private room, have hors d'oeuvres, +/- open bar, with a certain minimum... which would end up like $50-80 per person depending on whether we do open bar or not

i think this would be better than a sit-down dinner, because if a HUGE group comes, it will be better to just mingle around and stuff, rather than sit in one place...

i have some ideas idests, if you need help with coordinating this...

I agree with Carlinha regarding spending too much for dinner. I think we can get a nice place without spending $200 on dinner. Also, a private room sounds great!

I also agree (jh4200) that we should probably avoid traveling too far with a large group.

It depends on the day whether I can make or not make dinner. But I agree with carlinha, a private room may be a better option, since we will be a fairly large group and will want to stay together. It is difficult in some restaurants to accommodate a large party together...I am not picky about the price range, whatever everyone else decides is fine with me.

Please keep in mind that we can get private rooms at most restaurants being looked at. HOWEVER, those rooms may come with a premium in addition to the costs of the meal. Sometimes bringing the total back up to $150 price range.

Please keep in mind that we can get private rooms at most restaurants being looked at. HOWEVER, those rooms may come with a premium in addition to the costs of the meal. Sometimes bringing the total back up to $150 price range.

Oh...then that is not all that efficient price-wise. OK, then moderately priced for me....if that is where we are leaning

oh- i also have the possibility of getting a special happy hour and dinner menu at the Grill Room on Friday's via my company's event planning group. And possibly Tenjune and Park. If you list a few places I can see if my friends can help. I also did my bachelorette at Bungalow 8, which might be another option if the same event coordinator is still there.

it can be hard coordinating an actual sit-down dinner in NYC...

first thing is we need to pick a DATE...

and then from there, get a TOTAL HEADCOUNT...

from there we can pick a place, and then go ahead and try to book something...

from my experience, booking a private room does not require extra $$$, but we may need to meet a required minimum (for example, say group of 15 needs to spend total of $1500), but others can have a prix fixe menu set for us... etc... there are so many options!

We're on it, carlinha. I've contacted several of the places on your list, as well as the ones I used as representative examples for price-points. I'll definitely look at the ones I hadn't thought of. Thanks!

Carlinha, SofritoNY sounds so yummy. Anything Latin is a hit with me! :tup: Soy Puertorriquena, after all. :smile:

I think we should also try Nerdy's suggestions too. What do you all think?