Dilemma! To Buy or Not to Buy?

Jun 30, 2009
I have a question and I'm sure that the answer should be very obvious to me but I'm going to ask it anyway. About 3 months ago I added my name to the Birkin list for a 35 cm Gold Togo. Well last month I was lucky enough to just walk into H and they had a 35 cm Birkin in Parchemin so I bought it. Well, Saturday I received a call on my answering machine from my SA and she said that she has a 35 cm Gold Togo with GHW in stock. Should I buy it or should I wait to purchase it in Paris? I will be leaving for London/Paris in about 3 weeks and hope to make a purchase there. My husband says that I should just get it because I may not find anything in Paris. What do you think?

I have a question and I'm sure that the answer should be very obvious to me but I'm going to ask it anyway. About 3 months ago I added my name to the Birkin list for a 35 cm Gold Togo. Well last month I was lucky enough to just walk into H and they had a 35 cm Birkin in Parchemin so I bought it. Well, Saturday I received a call on my answering machine from my SA and she said that she has a 35 cm Gold Togo with GHW in stock. Should I buy it or should I wait to purchase it in Paris? I will be leaving for London/Paris in about 3 weeks and hope to make a purchase there. My husband says that I should just get it because I may not find anything in Paris. What do you think?

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. And: you'll never know what you are going to find in Paris on F 24.

I know that getting one in Paris would make it extra special, but you really never know what they have until you get there. If this one is the exact one with the specs you want, why not just go for it now. You can always look for something else when you get there. Good luck with your decision and have a safe trip.

If that is the exact same one that you want, then get it. You may not find the exact same thing in Paris. What if you did not get it this time and then could not any in Paris? Get the one you have been waiting for now. If you could find something unexpected in Paris, that would be even better, like an extra bonus.

ITA - If it's exactly what you want, go for it. It's gorgeous combination and what if you
let it go and don't find it in Paris? You'll kick yourself!

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. And: you'll never know what you are going to find in Paris on F 24.

Silkfringe my husband said the exact same thing to me yesterday!! How funny. He's still pestering me to just buy it but I'm wishy washy but everyone is right I SHOULD just buy it before someone snatches it up. Besides how often will a woman hear from a man, "just go ahead and buy a purse that cost over $9K USD after tax!!" What was I thinking!!! :wacko:

Bag-terfly, hfy, Libradiamonds, LGA82 and Robee you ladies are right :tup: What was I thinking? I would just kick myself everyday until I found that bag again. Oh how I love and hate the forum. We are just a bunch of enablers each with a bad H addiction!! Okay, look for my reveal on Tuesday because that will be the first chance I get to pick it up. I will call my SA tomorrow and pray that she hasn't let the bag go yet. She called me Saturday and Sunday they are closed so I will have to call at 10:01 AM tomorrow!!

Whenever H calls you with something that have the exact specs of what you want, it is always wise to go take a look. You will know when you see the bag whether it is for you or not. Get over there tomorrow and check the bag carefully and make sure it's everything you want. Enjoy!