Dilemma! To Buy or Not to Buy?

Definitely go for the Gold 35. That's one of my all time favorite bags and it is seasonless and goes with everything. THEN, when you go to Paris, try to place an SO for something truly special ;)

Everyone thank you for your very wise comments. I called my SA this morning at 10:01 am and she said, "I know you're going to Paris but I just wanted to call you to let you know that this Saturday we received a Gold Togo. Don't worry if you don't want the bag because there are other people ..." and before she could finish I said I will be down there Tuesday to pick it up....I mean look at it :biggrin: I'm so WEAK! Hopefully the bag/leather/stitching will be just perfect and my new baby will come home with me for a quick reveal!

Definitely go for the Gold 35. That's one of my all time favorite bags and it is seasonless and goes with everything. THEN, when you go to Paris, try to place an SO for something truly special ;)

WingNut you are genius! I will definitely have to do a SO if I can't find anything in Paris. Do you know if I can just ask for a SO or do I have to be invited? I would love to have a Birkin with a different colored interior!

AnythingHermes, glad that you will go and "have a look" at the Gold Togo. I agree with everyone else: you should just get it!

You can place a SO at FSH without being invited. When I called them several weeks ago, I asked the question to see if I have to be a VIP to be able to place a SO and the answer is "No", every customer is eligible for a SO there. Have a great trip and hope to see your reveal soon!

AnythingHermes, glad that you will go and "have a look" at the Gold Togo. I agree with everyone else: you should just get it!

You can place a SO at FSH without being invited. When I called them several weeks ago, I asked the question to see if I have to be a VIP to be able to place a SO and the answer is "No", every customer is eligible for a SO there. Have a great trip and hope to see your reveal soon!

Thanks Gemibebe. Over the next 3 weeks I will have to think about what I want for my SO. Do you know if there is an extra charge to get contrast lining, handle, etc?

I have just placed my SO with a contrast lining and there's no extra charge: at least my SA was not informing me about it. But there're plenty of experts here who have placed many sophisticated SOs that may better answer your questions.

WingNut you are genius! I will definitely have to do a SO if I can't find anything in Paris. Do you know if I can just ask for a SO or do I have to be invited? I would love to have a Birkin with a different colored interior!

I guess it depends on the time, mood of the SA, weather, phase of the moon,:shrugs: as to whether you can place an SO or not. I got very lucky when I was there, and all I did was ask (and buy other non-bag stuff).