Dilemma!!! Please Help!

:yes: I'm pleased ame spoke up and that you're going to look around - the rings in the pics are just not great IMO. I think a halo has to earn it's place around a great centre stone and therefore it really needs to enhance and set-off the brilliance of the centre stone. The halo stones were too large for the centre stones in both rings, proportion all off :nogood:

Upload some pics once you try on new things in NY :biggrin: :yes:

Well said Ame and Bitten. I don't want to say halos are overdone because they are so popular and everyone deserves to have the setting they love but the surrounding diamonds should enhance the brilliance of the centre stone, not detract from it.

My DH found our jeweler David S Diamonds, who is just off the diamond district, on Yelp and I highly recommend going to see them for a rudimentary diamond education. He ended up choosing them because he didn't feel pressured to purchase and they seemed most keen on making sure we were educated (I don't post here much but I read a lot of the diamond posts and the jeweler reminded me a lot of Ame because they were so helpful). If you would like, I can PM you the contact information for our jeweler. Best of luck with the diamond search! And I do agree with some of the other posters here - the emerald cut does stand out more on your hands but both would be beautiful for you :smile:

Yes, I would appreciate the information if you don't mind. Lol I'm still such a rookie at diamonds and fine jewelry. My mother was a novice, but she's no longer here for me to pick her brain or get advice so I appreciate everyone's input.

After looking at the rings in the thread following everyone's advice and doing comps with products from Blue Nile, Tiffany, etc. I now see what everyone is speaking of with the halo proportion. This has been a learning experience for me so I appreciate the crash course that you all have given me. I would like to make it to Tiffany to try on the comparable rings this weekend or next week sometime, so I will definitely keep you all posted.

Please do! We definitely want you to be happy, but, and now I am only speaking for myself here, I want you to make sure you get THE BEST for the money. That's a fairly nice budget you have there. Make sure you're really getting THE BEST for it. It doesn't have to be Tiffany, but I think you can find a great stone and setting elsewhere than you were originally looking.

Good Morning! My DBF took me ring shopping for Valentine's Day and I ended up being torn between two options. It was a complete surprise, so I don't have specs (too shocked to remember to jot them down) but I would appreciate your input on which ring I should choose. We're supposed to go back to look at both in detail and place the order (smaller ring size for skinny fingers). Which ring would you all choose? View attachment 2505043
The Oval.

Jasmine,

I have used Luann at ID Jewelry in NYC many times and so have my daughters. She is very helpful and the company is very well run and honest. They are not open on Saturdays.

Good luck. I love the emerald cut!

Thanks SO VERY MUCH ladies!!! I appreciate everything because had I settled for Kay's, I would've sold myself short. DBF and I took a trip to Tiffany today and we got another series of comp pics. I can most definitely see the intricate differences in detail and quality. Here are pics of the Soleste Emerald, Cushion Cut, and the Embrace Round Diamond. What do you all think? ImageUploadedByPurseForum1393022506.812730.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1393022521.590088.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1393022531.929689.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1393022544.844390.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1393022562.494323.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1393022597.620826.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1393022614.097753.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1393022627.479570.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1393022642.500638.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1393022656.557197.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1393022675.779268.jpg

While we were there the SA gave us a quick run down of Diamond basics (much appreciated) and he gave me a ring book to help me along with my decision. I'm still very torn at this point so I need all the help I can get. While I was there I took a look around and bought a cute little bracelet and secretly put other items on my wish list. Lol ImageUploadedByPurseForum1393023054.008514.jpg