Difference between consecutive ring sizes

XCCX

Instagram @thediarentist
O.G.
Nov 23, 2009
Hello,
I am wondering about the difference between consecutive sizes, is it big?
I tried a Cartier love wedding band in the boutique and size 51 (french) was a good fit and 50 was difficult to take off, and now I found a ring online for a good deal but size 52. what do you guys think? is it gonna be wearable? too big? re sizable???
TIA

Eternity bands (where diamonds encircle the entire band) are a challenge to re-size as either a diamond has to be added/removed.

I don't believe that the LOVE band would be re-sizable due to the design, but I could be wrong here.

From your post, 52 might be too big........depends which finger you plan on wearing it on though.

thanks alot for your response, I plan on wearing it on my left ring finger.

I dont see why it can not be re-sized. I mean cant they take a teeny tiny piece off the plain part of the ring? I understand that this would compromise the design but if the removed part is small it might not make a noticeable difference? I dont know, sorry if Im asking silly questions and thanks again..

Last edited by a moderator:
I know Cartier recommends not resizing the love ring because of the nature of the ring's design (the screw motif). They would have to take a little bit of gold from every space in between the screws to keep the design/spacing consistent. You could probably have a different jeweler do this for you though, I just don't think that Cartier will resize the love ring (I am not sure if they wont do it, but I know they definitely don't recommend it!).

Also I think one size can definitely make a big difference. I tried on a 52 Bvlgari b.zero1 ring and it was too tight, and when I tried on the 53, it was too loose. If the ring is too loose, a jeweler can add little bits of metal inside also to make it fit better. Neiman's offered me this service when the b.zero1 ring was too loose.

I would recommend just waiting for another good deal to come up in the 51, or purchasing it directly from the boutique.