Difference between consecutive ring sizes

Nov 23, 2009
Middle East
Hello,
I am wondering about the difference between consecutive sizes, is it big?
I tried a Cartier love wedding band in the boutique and size 51 (french) was a good fit and 50 was difficult to take off, and now I found a ring online for a good deal but size 52. what do you guys think? is it gonna be wearable? too big? re sizable???
TIA

Contessa

O.G.
Sep 25, 2007
Eternity bands (where diamonds encircle the entire band) are a challenge to re-size as either a diamond has to be added/removed.

I don't believe that the LOVE band would be re-sizable due to the design, but I could be wrong here.

From your post, 52 might be too big........depends which finger you plan on wearing it on though.

Nov 23, 2009
Middle East
thanks alot for your response, I plan on wearing it on my left ring finger.

I dont see why it can not be re-sized. I mean cant they take a teeny tiny piece off the plain part of the ring? I understand that this would compromise the design but if the removed part is small it might not make a noticeable difference? I dont know, sorry if Im asking silly questions and thanks again..

Last edited:

Contessa

O.G.
Sep 25, 2007
I suggest you contact Cartier & ask if they can re-size this style. They're the experts!!!

MBeech

memento mori
O.G.
Oct 19, 2008
I know Cartier recommends not resizing the love ring because of the nature of the ring's design (the screw motif). They would have to take a little bit of gold from every space in between the screws to keep the design/spacing consistent. You could probably have a different jeweler do this for you though, I just don't think that Cartier will resize the love ring (I am not sure if they wont do it, but I know they definitely don't recommend it!).

Also I think one size can definitely make a big difference. I tried on a 52 Bvlgari b.zero1 ring and it was too tight, and when I tried on the 53, it was too loose. If the ring is too loose, a jeweler can add little bits of metal inside also to make it fit better. Neiman's offered me this service when the b.zero1 ring was too loose.

I would recommend just waiting for another good deal to come up in the 51, or purchasing it directly from the boutique.