Did you get rid of your less designer items?

Is this thread about bags only? My bags are all LV at the moment (I don't have many bags anymore because I have given a couple of Burberry bags, bunch of DKNY bags and such and even two LV bags to relatives). But I really like Tory Burch and MK for clothing and most of my shoes are also from TB. I'd love to get a pair of nice shoes from LV but I've yet to find a pair that is both pretty and comfortable.

i have high end handbags and walmart handbags, too. i love them all the same. i didn't start throwing away walmart bags just because i started buying luxury stuff. chanel, lv, bal, etc. don't always have what you want, what fits an occasion, etc. and i live in a metro area so my 5K bags aren't my first thought to take when i need to catch a bus or train. i cull my collection a lot and resell/donate what i don't want anymore... of course when donating the department store stuff will go first solely b/c of the low price and not the usefulness of the bag. that means i end up with more luxury goods overall, but not exclusively. if i like a small purse at Target, i buy it and use it:smile:

I sold all my Gucci bags long ago.
Gucci is still considered a premiere designer though. And Michael Kors's MICHAEL KORS line is actually somewhat high-end and offers amazing quality bags for an amazing price. And they're not copycats either because they're the bags that he himself designs.

So to answer the question, I did not sell my other bags, and I don't think any less of the brands either. I bought a bag because I liked it. Once I got an LV, it didn't make the bags that I already liked less likable.

The bag I attached below is one of my favorite designs.

The majority of my collection is LV. I have one Chanel and one Gucci disco and just bought soho chain bag preloved. I recently bought two coach bags and some slg's but it was in the flower rivets collection which really caught my eye.
I haven't really liked anything new that has come out from LV that I really want....:sad:

Gucci is still considered a premiere designer though. And Michael Kors's MICHAEL KORS line is actually somewhat high-end and offers amazing quality bags for an amazing price. And they're not copycats either because they're the bags that he himself designs.

So to answer the question, I did not sell my other bags, and I don't think any less of the brands either. I bought a bag because I liked it. Once I got an LV, it didn't make the bags that I already liked less likable.

The bag I attached below is one of my favorite designs.

Michael Kors' premium line is a tiny fraction of its business... which is 'affordable luxury.' The brand makes most of its money on $200 bags sold at the mall. When I see MK bags piled up in clearance bins, it really devalues their image in my opinion. It surely does not make me want to buy.

I have bought MK as gifts for family members who explicitly asked for it... And I am all about making them happy. But not for me!

For many years, I had Gucci, BV, Armani and bags from other brands. But Louis Vuitton's have always been my favorites. And over time, I let go of other brands... And now I only have LV. It fulfills all my needs.

For me, wether premiere or not-it does not dictate me of what I should keep or get rid of. Is what I don't love anymore is what will determine I don't want in my possession anymore. [emoji5]️

I got rid of most of my Contemporary brands. I have three Coach bags, one Kate Spade and one Dooney. I never got the appeal of Tori Burch. I had one Michael Kors, got rid of it and have no plans to ever have one of his bags again.
I pretty much stick to Louis Vuitton but I just recently I added a vintage Chanel flap to my collection. Chanel isn't a brand that you see that often in my area and when you do people assume it is fake.
I don't regret downsizing my collection. I wish I had kept one red bag because I haven't been able to find a replacement that I like.

I sold all my Miu Miu, Gucci and MJ bags, but I still love the older MbyMJ bags and use them all the time. I don't really care about the name, but more about whether I love the bag!

I got rid of most of my Contemporary brands. I have three Coach bags, one Kate Spade and one Dooney. I never got the appeal of Tori Burch. I had one Michael Kors, got rid of it and have no plans to ever have one of his bags again.
I pretty much stick to Louis Vuitton but I just recently I added a vintage Chanel flap to my collection. Chanel isn't a brand that you see that often in my area and when you do people assume it is fake.
I don't regret downsizing my collection. I wish I had kept one red bag because I haven't been able to find a replacement that I like.
I agree on your statement about Tory Burch... Tory Burch's bags just scream low quality in my opinion. I'm not bashing those who own them, but I think the quality is subpar for what you're paying.

I got rid of bags I no longer use or can't see myself ever using again. This includes premier designer and non designer ones. There is no point for them taking up space in the closet if all they do is sit there. The only non premier designer I currently have is a Longchamp Le Pliage which I use in really bad whether, going to the doctor or grocery shopping.

The majority of my collection is LV but I also own several Longchamps, a few TB & a Cuyana tote. I'm sometimes in situations were it's more appropriate to carry a bag that's lower key than LV.

I am keeping a few coach crossbody bags and longchamps for traveling to places that I dont feel safe carrying my lux purses and for places where I don't feel like being judged by others who don't understand my love for LV. In the process of getting rid of my MK evening purses as I don't really use them anymore and it's taking up space.