Did that SA really just say that?

honestly, im sure she was joking ... I think SAs take quite the beating on this forum @ times. I would have found it funny too and might have made a joke about it but I guess now, I will be thinking twice or wait until I get to know the customer a little more.

Why is it funny? We coordinate different brands of shirts and jeans everyday?

sounds to me like she was trying to be funny and her joke came across poorly.

I kind of agree - but it would all depend on her tone & obviously it didn't come across that way!

If she was smart she would have commented on how fabulous that Coach ponytail scarf looked with the LV bag - and then would have tried to sell you another scarf or better yet a fob or charm to go with it!! :biggrin:

I guess this is what we would call a sales pitch fail ?? :graucho:

Honestly, it sounds like she was trying to be funny, and I don't think she intended to be rude. In my experience, most SA's don't set out to piss someone off, since they're in the business of selling. It probably just came out wrong...

Why is it funny? We coordinate different brands of shirts and jeans everyday?

It might be funny because Coach is considered cheap (definitely not by me!) when compared to the super high end brands like LV and Chanel. She probably was trying to be funny about putting the two together but failed miserably at it.