Did that SA really just say that?

lizmil

O.G.
Dec 30, 2007
I probably would have said something like, how sweet of you to notice. Said with honey & sugar, confuse her instead!

sesamite

O.G.
Feb 20, 2010
Seriously? That would never bother me. I think she's just trying to be funny. Not a big deal whatsoever....I wouldn't get upset.

You're very lucky to have your LV and coach scarf.

Apr 28, 2008
I will give the sa the benefit of the doubt maybe she was just having fun, to me it would be no big deal.

that's what i think too

i think she was just looking for a "one liner" to acknowledge both brands

Kiari

O.G.
Feb 1, 2006
Northern Virginia
^maybe. I wouldn't be sure how to take it either. I mean for her to just come up to her & say that is kinda wishy washy. Maybe she felt good that she knew it was a LV. haha I hope this wasn't the Potomac Mills outlet?

No it wasn't Potomac Mills, I was down in Williamsburg for a soccer tournament and ran across the outlet malls :smile:

ashnickers

Dec 6, 2009
honestly, im sure she was joking ... I think SAs take quite the beating on this forum @ times. I would have found it funny too and might have made a joke about it but I guess now, I will be thinking twice or wait until I get to know the customer a little more.

NekoPurrPurr

aKa NekoPursePurse
Dec 23, 2007
NY
I know where the SA is coming from. Some see it as a faux pas mixing visble brand names. Nike shoes with an Adidas shirt kinda thing. Whether it was rude of her of saying something or not is nothing issue.

ms-whitney

shopaholic
Sep 6, 2006
honestly, im sure she was joking ... I think SAs take quite the beating on this forum @ times. I would have found it funny too and might have made a joke about it but I guess now, I will be thinking twice or wait until I get to know the customer a little more.
i think so too

i haven't figured out whether it is because there really are that many horrible coach sales associates or if people here are just a bit more sensitive or a combination of both or what.

you know, the comment was not really out of line, but at the same time for me, it is something i wouldn't say. who cares really. but i think the sales associate has a different level of comfort then i do, when it comes to customers. i think something like that is something only reserved for people who know me well (type of teasing) so they wouldn't get offended. otherwise...why bother with a comment like that? i guess she was just trying to make small talk.