Did Marc Jacobs make a more affordable line than MBMJ?

kjoyiss

Luxury/Affordability
O.G.
Jun 17, 2006
The other day, I walked passed my Marc by Marc Jacobs store on Fillmore. And I noticed a new array of purses. They're quilted like the MJ line, but not as expensive looking. Infact, the quality reminded me like something you might get at Forever 21. Well, maybe a little bit more than that.

Anyways, I was interested in all the little accessories. Is this legit? I mean, I see it in the MBMJ store. So it must be legit, right? What's going on in MBMJ?:confused1:

yep, MbyMJ boutiques have Special Items that are much less expensive. I believe the wallets and bags are usually a leather-like, synthetic material and there is also jewelry and umbrellas, totes, t-shirts, etc! ;)

The other day, I walked passed my Marc by Marc Jacobs store on Fillmore. And I noticed a new array of purses. They're quilted like the MJ line, but not as expensive looking. Infact, the quality reminded me like something you might get at Forever 21. Well, maybe a little bit more than that.

Anyways, I was interested in all the little accessories. Is this legit? I mean, I see it in the MBMJ store. So it must be legit, right? What's going on in MBMJ?:confused1:

like beauty k said, he's been making a line of affordable t-shirts, knicknacks, and bags. they used to be called just "special items," but it seems he's beginning to brand them jacobs by marc by marc jacobs. i think it was a joke at first, but he must like it if he's sticking to it. :lol:

like beauty k said, he's been making a line of affordable t-shirts, knicknacks, and bags. they used to be called just "special items," but it seems he's beginning to brand them jacobs by marc by marc jacobs. i think it was a joke at first, but he must like it if he's sticking to it. :lol:

Haha, i was just going to say the same thing. Except I think this line is even more confusing... something like "Jacobs by Marc Jacobs for Marc by Marc Jacobs"

...IE those nifty canvas totes

- Actually, I just found a picture :lol:
0472_1_sbl.JPG

Haha, i was just going to say the same thing. Except I think this line is even more confusing... something like "Jacobs by Marc Jacobs for Marc by Marc Jacobs"

...IE those nifty canvas totes

- Actually, I just found a picture :lol:
0472_1_sbl.JPG

i'm trying to read that.. jacobs by marc jacobs for marc by marc jacobs in collaboration with marc jacobs for marc by marc jacobs? did i get it right? :jrs:

i'm trying to read that.. jacobs by marc jacobs for marc by marc jacobs in collaboration with marc jacobs for marc by marc jacobs? did i get it right? :jrs:

OMG you're totally right! I had a hard enough time trying to get the first half correct :lol:

I triple dog dare you to say that 10x really fast

is it just me or does that sound a wee bit egotistical? (sorry marc!)

^ i thought he was making fun of himself? i mean, all those lines: ck calvin klein, kors by michael kors, marc by marc jacobs, jill by jill stuart... they're all redundant. it's an example of how branding can get out of control.

btw, i love your new avatar. very appropriate. you're definitely mj superfan despite what your username would suggest. :smile:

Last edited:
The SA at the Las Vegas boutique was telling me that Robert Duffy, I think is his name is the one that came up with the crazy MJ by MbyMJ for MJ etc. stuff. If I am remembering correctly Duffy is his business partner.

Anyway, I think these crazy names are hilarious. I attribute it to his sense of humor. I think partly due to the fact that designers and people take brands and names so seriously. To me this seems like a joke to say, get over yourself. So he makes a long name and plasters it really big across a bag and laughs. Atleast that is how I picture Marc to be.