Did Marc Jacobs make a more affordable line than MBMJ?

kjoyiss

Luxury/Affordability
O.G.
Jun 17, 2006
San Francisco, CA.
The other day, I walked passed my Marc by Marc Jacobs store on Fillmore. And I noticed a new array of purses. They're quilted like the MJ line, but not as expensive looking. Infact, the quality reminded me like something you might get at Forever 21. Well, maybe a little bit more than that.

Anyways, I was interested in all the little accessories. Is this legit? I mean, I see it in the MBMJ store. So it must be legit, right? What's going on in MBMJ?:confused1:

Dawn

seriously?
O.G.
Sep 2, 2006
United States
yep, MbyMJ boutiques have Special Items that are much less expensive. I believe the wallets and bags are usually a leather-like, synthetic material and there is also jewelry and umbrellas, totes, t-shirts, etc! ;)

tadpolenyc

O.G.
Sep 9, 2006
The other day, I walked passed my Marc by Marc Jacobs store on Fillmore. And I noticed a new array of purses. They're quilted like the MJ line, but not as expensive looking. Infact, the quality reminded me like something you might get at Forever 21. Well, maybe a little bit more than that.

Anyways, I was interested in all the little accessories. Is this legit? I mean, I see it in the MBMJ store. So it must be legit, right? What's going on in MBMJ?:confused1:
like beauty k said, he's been making a line of affordable t-shirts, knicknacks, and bags. they used to be called just "special items," but it seems he's beginning to brand them jacobs by marc by marc jacobs. i think it was a joke at first, but he must like it if he's sticking to it. :lol:

Izznit

haha no.
Aug 2, 2007
^^

marc for jacobs for marc by marc jacobs

maybe even a

marc for jacobs for marc by marc jacobs for marc jacobs.

hahaha

MyJoelle

O.G.
Dec 11, 2007
California
i think i got a cute canvas tote that said Jacobs for marc jacobs,
it was one of the lil 12 dollar shoppers i use @ the super markets

Coach Superfan

is playing catch up
O.G.
like beauty k said, he's been making a line of affordable t-shirts, knicknacks, and bags. they used to be called just "special items," but it seems he's beginning to brand them jacobs by marc by marc jacobs. i think it was a joke at first, but he must like it if he's sticking to it. :lol:

Haha, i was just going to say the same thing. Except I think this line is even more confusing... something like "Jacobs by Marc Jacobs for Marc by Marc Jacobs"

...IE those nifty canvas totes

- Actually, I just found a picture :lol:

jun3machina

hopelessly addicted
O.G.
Apr 11, 2006
there's also a kids line, called lil' marc....but if you get the really large sizes, they fit adults ;)

indi3r4

foxy lady!
O.G.
Mar 21, 2007
Haha, i was just going to say the same thing. Except I think this line is even more confusing... something like "Jacobs by Marc Jacobs for Marc by Marc Jacobs"

...IE those nifty canvas totes

- Actually, I just found a picture :lol:
i'm trying to read that.. jacobs by marc jacobs for marc by marc jacobs in collaboration with marc jacobs for marc by marc jacobs? did i get it right? :jrs:

Coach Superfan

is playing catch up
O.G.
i'm trying to read that.. jacobs by marc jacobs for marc by marc jacobs in collaboration with marc jacobs for marc by marc jacobs? did i get it right? :jrs:
OMG you're totally right! I had a hard enough time trying to get the first half correct :lol:

I triple dog dare you to say that 10x really fast

is it just me or does that sound a wee bit egotistical? (sorry marc!)

tadpolenyc

O.G.
Sep 9, 2006
^ i thought he was making fun of himself? i mean, all those lines: ck calvin klein, kors by michael kors, marc by marc jacobs, jill by jill stuart... they're all redundant. it's an example of how branding can get out of control.

btw, i love your new avatar. very appropriate. you're definitely mj superfan despite what your username would suggest. :smile:

Last edited:

smooches

O.G.
Oct 6, 2006
The SA at the Las Vegas boutique was telling me that Robert Duffy, I think is his name is the one that came up with the crazy MJ by MbyMJ for MJ etc. stuff. If I am remembering correctly Duffy is his business partner.

Anyway, I think these crazy names are hilarious. I attribute it to his sense of humor. I think partly due to the fact that designers and people take brands and names so seriously. To me this seems like a joke to say, get over yourself. So he makes a long name and plasters it really big across a bag and laughs. Atleast that is how I picture Marc to be.