Did I miss something with Coach???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Becca4277 said:
I do not see the appeal of that line; especially at that price! :wacko:

Here is the bag I want that is more in line with the higher prices but still something I would wait for a sale or something.

I totally agree with you. I love that bag but will wait for the price to drop.

Coach and Burberry are the two brands that I see most in DC. I think Coach is getting more expensive, but then handbags are getting more expensive. Guccis used to cost about $200 or so back in the late 80s early 90s. Look how expensive Prada shoes are getting, they've about doubled in price over the past couple of years. Personally I like the seasonal bags, they're fun and casual. The only reason that I shy away from Coach is that its so popular in DC.

edsbgrl said:
I think they're trying to make themselves a luxury brand instead of a midrange brand. Thats my take on it. ;)

I agree. The sad thing is I think there are women willing to pay those inflated prices. Just the other day, I saw two women carrying the new pastel patchwork bags. Personally, I would rather use the money to buy a nice quality leather bag that lasts.

i used to buy coach bags, but then i got tired of seeing them at the outlets for less and i didn't carry them past one season, too trendy. i guess i got tired of spending $ on a one season bag, when i could get something more classic that i'd get more use from. and i'm not into poppies, bees, fish, etc...just too young looking for me

Even my boyfriend has noticed Coach's steady decline. We were looking through the catalog a couple months ago and he was like "do they realize that they're destroying their good name with all this overpriced non-leather stuff?" And he doesn't even care much about bags! I'm sort of awaiting a fall from grace and a return to basics for Coach, I think that would be the best possible thing to have happen. I don't mind that everyone carries their bags around here, I'm not super into exclusivity, I just wish the designs and materials would match the price they're charging!

It's amazing. I worked there a few years ago and the most expensive bag was around $398 or so. $700? I would buy LV instead! Coach styles have taken a turn for the worst as well. I love my Coach bags from the "good old days" when they made classic, classy leather bags. Luckily they are still in perfect condition. :amuse:

^^^if you look on Amazon you can actually get select styles of Fendi and Prada for LESS than coach. It's kind of interesting how the brands shift like that.

All of this discussion about market positioning reminds me of the Paper Demin Cloth saga -- did you guys here that their designer is going to start lowering prices? He wants his jeans to run around $80 and be in stores like Kaufmann's or Macy's rather than Nordstroms and Neiman Marcus. I loved my old school PDC's...but they haven't seemed as good lately, as if they're preparing for the realignment.

Status
Not open for further replies.