Did I make a mistake?!

I looked at that yesterday agsin and my SA said they are discontinuing it soon. So I decided against it. I was thinking with all the strap issues maybe that is why they are discontinuing?

What about Citadine? I love it but not sure if it comes in black. However, it gets heavy when loaded. As for the cracking of straps, mine had that issue and had the straps replaced complimentary about 6 months ago. Now it looks new and I don't foresee a problem in the future.

Somehow the monograms are most lightweight. You have to remember that your baby will grow big and once you get over the baby phase, you can carry anything. Never liked rolled shoulder strap bags as they are not comfortable. Perhaps you might consider Fascinate as it is quite versatile as a shoulder, cross body and clutch. Or Metis or Audacieuse, similar style to Artsy but with flat shoulder strap.

Last edited:
The Emp leather strap is much softer than the mono leather strap from the start.
I'm sure anything new needs to be broke in.
I bought both my Artsy's preloved but my Emp Artsy looked brand new.
If it was used it might have been used once.
I found the handle to be comfortable the first time I used it. But I can say it does get more comfortable every time I use it.

Thanks. I really love artsy. I wish I knew it would get soft like yours. I've been wondering if the black was made extra stiff on purpose. I wish they still made the Ombré Artsy. It's the best color in Artsy!

What about Citadine? I love it but not sure if it comes in black. However, it gets heavy when loaded. As for the cracking of straps, mine had that issue and had the straps replaced complimentary about 6 months ago. Now it looks new and I don't foresee a problem in the future.

Somehow the monograms are most lightweight. You have to remember that your baby will grow big and once you get over the baby phase, you can carry anything. Never liked rolled shoulder strap bags as they are not comfortable. Perhaps you might consider Fascinate as it is quite versatile as a shoulder, cross body and clutch. Or Metis or Audacieuse, similar style to Artsy but with flat shoulder strap.
Thanks everyone for the opinions and advice. It is very helpful as I'm trying to decide what to do.

Thanks. I really love artsy. I wish I knew it would get soft like yours. I've been wondering if the black was made extra stiff on purpose. I wish they still made the Ombré Artsy. It's the best color in Artsy!

Thanks! Ombré is a great color..
I have never personal held a black artsy. So maybe they did make it different..
What I would do is go to the LV store and try different colors to see if they feel different brand new. That will tell you. If they the other colors feel the same as the black you know the black will soften. But if the black feel different from the others then maybe it won't..
Hope that made sense..

Ugh. Speedy b with my stuff worn on the shoulder is even more uncomfortable to me. Maybe it's the skinny strap? So I would only use as a hand held which frustrates me even more. Does the strap get more comfortable? Maybe I'm just not used to it.

Crossbody is ok. But it doesn't look so cute because it's a 30 and I'm only 5'3.

The Artsy IS wonderful and both the canvas and leather versions soften up considerably in my experience. If you aren't feeling the love for either bag, then I would return and wait.

Ugh. Speedy b with my stuff worn on the shoulder is even more uncomfortable to me. Maybe it's the skinny strap? So I would only use as a hand held which frustrates me even more. Does the strap get more comfortable? Maybe I'm just not used to it.

Crossbody is ok. But it doesn't look so cute because it's a 30 and I'm only 5'3.

I think the 30 in the empreinte looks and feels very large.
When I was looking to buy the Emp speedy I liked the 25 better.
Unfortunately the 25 doesn't come in black...

You need to eirther go get a credit or go play with the Artsy's again.
I can here the frustration coming threw your post on that Speedy 30..

It seems like you don't love any of them.. LV leather bags are really heavy but I guess I got used to it.. I have an Empreinte Artsy and it did get softer but again, it's heavy. I love it though.

Since you really wanted a leather LV bag, how about a Montaigne? That bag seems functional especially since you're having a baby.. Good luck!

I totally understand on the speedy B. I'm 5'4" and I still feel it looks strange cross body on me. I use mine as a hand held. I also am a mom of 2 and needed a good baby bag. I had an Artsy and felt the strap softened up nicely over time and held the things I needed. It was heavy but so are most bags when loaded with baby gear. I never had an issue with the emp. Artsy except in the winter and I had trouble getting the bag on my shoulder over my heavy winter coats. I recently purchased a black Montaigne which I LOVE. It is much easier to get in and out of quickly and very easy to organize vs the artsy. Have you thought about that style? You would be pleasantly surprised at how roomy it is.

The Artsy Empreinte is stunning. I would absolutely carry one if I were taller than 5'2"! It just doesn't look right in me. I say if you were drawn to it initially than it is meant to be. You are probably just anxious about your decision since you know you won't be making anymore large purse purchases for a while. Go back and get that beauty and enjoy it!