Did I Do the Right Thing? Regular to Midi?

Oh cool! If you remember where you saw it, can you post the link here so I can see it? Are you going to get the extra shoulder strap as well?

Here is the picture-it's Suzi's DG LMmidi! Her straps were shortened to make her drop 7.5", but on ours with the 2" shortening it would make the strap drop 8" (a half an inch is not that much difference).

attachment.php

I didnt order the shoulder strap because I dont mind carrying my midi's on my shoulder with both straps, but now I am re-thinking if I should add a second zipper or just stick with one (LOVE the 2 zips on the midi!):woohoo:

Thanks for posting the photo .. it's nice to see it that it doesn't affect the look of the bag. I just measured my Bal City strap drop and I think (if I measured right) it's about 5", so this will still be longer, but I think even the 2" less will make a noticeable difference in how low it "hangs" when I want to hand carry it. I think alot more than the 2" shorter would start to make it look disproportionate.

I like the look of the 2 zippers, but I don't mind the one. I don't think (on the regular) the 2nd zipper is very functional for me anyway, and then I find the tassles get bent because I lay down my bag and the tassles get stuck beneath it. :smile:

I think if you really love the two zips though, you should go for it!

^^I was thinking the same thing-bent tassels are not fun! And I like that with the shortened handles the bag will not be as close to the ground when I hand carry it.
How much was the added shoulder strap (the LM strap with the braiding)?

^^I was thinking the same thing-bent tassels are not fun! And I like that with the shortened handles the bag will not be as close to the ground when I hand carry it.
How much was the added shoulder strap (the LM strap with the braiding)?

I just went for the regular padded strap at $40 extra. I actually didn't realize they would do a braided LM shoulder strap! I'm okay with sticking with the regular strap, although if you find out how much it would be, I'd be curious. :smile:

Moonstarr - thank you so much for going to all the trouble to find those threads for me - that was the comparison shot that I had remembered seeing but couldn't find - it really helps. The other thread with 'what's in' now of course completely confuses me - looks like the mini can take quite a bit too. I'm not sure I'm completely decided what to do yet, I've got a few days where I can change my bespoke so I'm ok for a day or two just yet. I'm not really the sort of person who has loads of bags (although BE is changing me already!!) and so I want to make sure that I get good use out of it and it's an expensive mistake if it doesn't work out. Now off to look more carefully at those threads and dither some more!!

Aso thanks Susan for the pic of the midi with 2 zips - I would definitely go for that on a midi I really like the look and thanks also for the help with the depth measurements.

It's so great to have this forum for help especially when you are buying bags without seeing them first. Thanks.

Anyone here considering adding the removable handles option? It's $25 for the hardware. I was also thinking that if I did this, I could order an extra set of TME straps (now or in the future) and switch them back and forth with my LM Midi straps and see which I liked better.

Last edited:
Wow - just been throught the 'what's in it' thread - someone has got the kitchen sink and her laptop in a midi - and I saw your 'regular' pics moonstarr - I think there may be too much 'wiggle' room in a regular for me - the midi could be winning here. However I do love the slouching of the regular and my WTM midi (same height as the LM reg.) is slouching down beautifully and if it were any shorter it might not look so good ....... round we go in yet another circle!!

Thanks again - without this thread I might not have thought enough about this and regreted my decision!

I just went for the regular padded strap at $40 extra. I actually didn't realize they would do a braided LM shoulder strap! I'm okay with sticking with the regular strap, although if you find out how much it would be, I'd be curious. :smile:

I just emailed Maya and Rose about making sure if we order the padded strap it will be the braided one (that's what the regular LM has, why shouldnt the midi? I think it looks super stylish). I'll let you know what she says.:smile:

queenofthemay-

We all do the same thing you are doing (well, I do, and I am sure others do as well)-we ponder and debate our decisions over and over and over again to make sure we are ordering the right thing-it's part of the fun in ordering a BE!

I think the midi is ample big. I dont carry the world with me, nor do I want to, but if I wanted to put little extras in my bag every now and again (a sweater, big water bottle, etc) I could in the midi without looking overstuffed.