Did I Do the Right Thing? Regular to Midi?

I've been debating this question, also. I would love to try the regular size. I agree the midi is big enough to carry plenty, but I like the way the leather slouches on the regular.
We need more modeling pics in this forum of both sizes!!:graucho:

Good debate ladies!
BE leathers slouch so nicely that I've tended to gravitate to the "regular" size bags but I'm trying to diversify and have just picked up a couple of midi sized bags for spring. I agree with you ladies that the midi is a perfect everyday size, but at the same time, the larger size gives me the option to load a few more things into it. I guess one needs to have both sizes!!

Now that we have our bespoke orders in the system, it's too easy to go back and forth while you're deliberating. I had another "moment" this afternoon where I started second guessing myself AGAIN. So then I built a "midi" to scale out of paper so I could judge the size in 3D and I could place my things in it to see how it would work. haha And, after trying out my paper "Midi" bag, I realized it will more than suffice for my needs. I can't wait to see how making the straps 2" shorter and adding the shoulder strap will work. I think it will make it work better to carry handheld (and not have it hang too low) and also be comfortable over the shoulder with the strap.

This thread is driving me crazy! I have just ordered my first bespoke and my first LM. I have gone to and fro between the regular and the midi (with 2 zips) and started a thread for advise. It seems tpfers are so split on this one and seems to be a personal choice thing. I love the idea of building a scale model to try out! I've never carried big bags and my last bag seems to be the same dimensions as the midi which works well. I need something that when I go out I can add to my usual stuff by a water bottle, maybe a couple of ds's (kids stuff) a snack - not much but will it push a midi over the edge? Should I start with a midi first and graduate to a regular if I need it or the other way round? All thoughts more than welcome! Thank you.

Where are you at at the moment Moonstarr?

Happy Easter.

This thread is driving me crazy! I have just ordered my first bespoke and my first LM. I have gone to and fro between the regular and the midi (with 2 zips) and started a thread for advise. It seems tpfers are so split on this one and seems to be a personal choice thing. I love the idea of building a scale model to try out! I've never carried big bags and my last bag seems to be the same dimensions as the midi which works well. I need something that when I go out I can add to my usual stuff by a water bottle, maybe a couple of ds's (kids stuff) a snack - not much but will it push a midi over the edge? Should I start with a midi first and graduate to a regular if I need it or the other way round? All thoughts more than welcome! Thank you.

Happy Easter.

Well, I had exactly similar deliberations when deciding on which size. I got a midi TME , but as soon as I saw it, I knew...I should have gone for the regular! So now I'm only chosing either the regular or the mini (when I don't need to carry stuff)
But obviously a lot of ladies here preferes the midi size, perhaps they are more organised than I am!!I just toss a lot of stuff into my bag and cross my fingers that I have brought enough with me:P-also because I don't care for a overstuffed bag the regular sized fits me better.

Well, I have finally come to a firm decision and decided to stick with the Midi's. I really think building my "scale model" helped me to see the bag would be plenty big enough for me. I was just so worried that it wouldn't "slouch" as much as the regular, but I've seen photos where after time it does have a nice slouch to it as well. And I guess it depends alot on how much you put in it ... I won't stuff it. When I put my "stuff" (Bal money wallet, makeup clutch, coin purse and phone - that's all I carry on a usual basis) into the model I built (I just built the base, didn't go as far as to craft handles out of paper), there was more than enough wiggle room for a bit more AND even adding a bit would still give me room for the bag to "slouch". It really helped me see that it would work .. I definitely encourage anyone who is unsure to build a scale model out of paper! :smile:

I'm glad I have the two regular LM's (and a regular TME on the way) because then if there are those days I want "more bag" ... I have that option as well. I really think though the Midi's are sized better for me on a regular daily basis.

I am sticking with my decision as well to decrease the length of the straps by 2" (making it better to hand carry) and then adding a shoulder strap. I can't wait to see those changes in person! I love my Bal City for that reason ... easy to hand carry (without hanging too low to the ground) and being able to use it with the shoulder strap. I find I can wear things better on the shoulder as well with only one strap as opposed to two. My preference is usually to hand carry my bags or have them over my arm.

Good luck on your decisions ladies! I tell ya ... build those scale models ... it will make everything more clear. :smile:

Thanks - I have just gone over the measurements again and see that the height of the LM is 30cm which is the same as my WTM midi and so it's not overly tall which is what concerns me and it is only a few cms wider so I'm mostly gaining with the depth - but does increased depth lead to less need for increased height?! because I don't really like to pile things up I like them side by side so I can see them. I think I will stick with the regular but will be nervous until I see it.

I can't find on the BE website the depths of the LM and/or LM midi - does anyone have that info.? - is there a lot in it for the two bags? I'm sure I've seen in the past pics of the two side by side but you can never find these things when you're looking for them can you?!

Thanks - I have just gone over the measurements again and see that the height of the LM is 30cm which is the same as my WTM midi and so it's not overly tall which is what concerns me and it is only a few cms wider so I'm mostly gaining with the depth - but does increased depth lead to less need for increased height?! because I don't really like to pile things up I like them side by side so I can see them. I think I will stick with the regular but will be nervous until I see it.

I can't find on the BE website the depths of the LM and/or LM midi - does anyone have that info.? - is there a lot in it for the two bags? I'm sure I've seen in the past pics of the two side by side but you can never find these things when you're looking for them can you?!

I THINK it might be 6" whereas the Midi is 5.5". Someone else can confirm ... we have to run out of town today and are on our way. :smile:

I can help with the midi depth-mine is 5", but since it has begun to slouch ever so nicely it seems to be a bit deeper now. I dont really pile things up in my midi-everything fits nicely side by side except for my card case (long and flat) and I put that on the bottom since I dont use it much.

Moonstarr, after you mentioned shortening your straps, I was thinking of doing the same on my upcoming bespokes for LMmidis, but then when I really looked at my current midi I realized that taking away 2 inches from the strap length really didnt make much of a difference appearance or function-wise. Maybe if the straps were shortened by 4 inches or so, that would be worth it to me (the added fee os shortening the straps) because then the bag would definitely hang differently.

I cant wait to see your midis! I have a pearlized LMmidi coming to me too!

Last edited:

I found this post for you ... yesterday I was going over the reference photos and remembered seeing a comparison shot. Hopefully this helps. I'll see if I can find any photos that show what can fit INSIDE both the Midi and the regular.

http://forum.purseblog.com/belen-ec...brary-pictures-only-237875-5.html#post6054354

I knew I'd seen this thread a while back ... so I dug it up for everyone interested in what can go "IN" both the Midi and Regular sizes. There's alot of Midi examples and at least one regular size example that I noticed. BTW ... I love this "What's in your BE" thread. Next time I take out my bag, I'll try to take photos for it as well. I think it's so helpful when you're trying to decide if a size will work for you or not.

http://forum.purseblog.com/belen-echandia/whats-in-your-be-pics-please-281716.html

Ok, and I wish I could edit my above post, but since I cant, I found pictures of a LMmidi with the shortened straps/decreased drop and it does look/sit different enough! Off to change some bespokes :P

Ok, and I wish I could edit my above post, but since I cant, I found pictures of a LMmidi with the shortened straps/decreased drop and it does look/sit different enough! Off to change some bespokes :P

Oh cool! If you remember where you saw it, can you post the link here so I can see it? Are you going to get the extra shoulder strap as well?