Did anyone hear of various silvers for reissue 08?

aliceshek, thanks for color swatches! Hmmmm... Seeing the green from those swatches, I could see why that lady in Paris called it metallic green silver. Lol~ It lacks darker hues of true green to regard it as green! :sweatdrop: Metallic green silver doesn't sound too funny or confusing now. It's the best way to describe it!

But of course, I'm now wondering how would that look on a purse~ While the color's not quite green as I wanted, I might have a change my heart when actually seeing it on a whole bag. ;)

Just an FYI girls...it's cheaper to buy in Paris than in the US, even with the dollar being so weak. I'm currently on my annual shopping trip in Paris and just bought the large '08 metallic black reissue today. It's TDF!!! The SA suggested the black because it'll go with everything and will stay more of a classic than the other colors. It's just beeyootiful!! :love: Has an edge, but is still elegant. The large here in Paris is 1850 Euros, which turns out to be $2445 (tax deducted, of course).

Just an FYI girls...it's cheaper to buy in Paris than in the US, even with the dollar being so weak. I'm currently on my annual shopping trip in Paris and just bought the large '08 metallic black reissue today. It's TDF!!! The SA suggested the black because it'll go with everything and will stay more of a classic than the other colors. It's just beeyootiful!! :love: Has an edge, but is still elegant. The large here in Paris is 1850 Euros, which turns out to be $2445 (tax deducted, of course).

can you please post a pictures ?? pleeeeeeezz :love::heart:

I know what you mean L2C! I also got a metallic black reissue when I was in Paris two weeks ago. Mine is a 225, priced at €1590. Tax refund was €190, which takes the price down to €1400, or somewhere around $2100 in US dollars! That's a whole lotta better than recent price of $2425 if purchased here. Plus, if I bought it here, I'd have to pay something like $2630 with NY sales tax!!:wtf: I saved around $530 by getting it in Paris. I also got three pairs of sunnies and a pearl necklace in Paris, all priced noticeably lower than US.:yahoo:

Since you're in Paris right now, can you inform us what kind of colors were available over there right now? ;) When I was there, they only had met black, silver and gold.

congrats! ~ you lucky girl! ~ Paris & a metallic :love: ~ did you get to see the other metallics? ~ what did you think of them? ~ you must give us a detailed report! lol!

congrats! ~ you lucky girl! ~ Paris & a metallic :love: ~ did you get to see the other metallics? ~ what did you think of them? ~ you must give us a detailed report! lol!

haha, thanks! yeah, i was lucky! she told me she just put the bag out 15 mins before i walked in and it's their only one!! yes, there were other colors...the light silver, the bronzey-one (the one that people on the forum are calling dark silver--sa called it bronze), the metallic black with gold hardware (i got the silver hardware), the purple metallic in a large, which is TDF too...

haha, thanks! yeah, i was lucky! she told me she just put the bag out 15 mins before i walked in and it's their only one!! yes, there were other colors...the light silver, the bronzey-one (the one that people on the forum are calling dark silver--sa called it bronze), the metallic black with gold hardware (i got the silver hardware), the purple metallic in a large, which is TDF too...

That's interesting! The Parisian lady I mentioned in the original post said she had to get on a VIP list to get her metallic purple! I was thinking it's difficult to get more colorful bags in Paris but I guess it's not? Now I'm really wishing I was back in Paris!:crybaby: Another tPFer who came back from Paris said she also saw metallic green ones, which I'm dying to see in real life.

Get as many goodies as you can while you're there, L2C! And show off the beauties when you come back.;)

That's interesting! The Parisian lady I mentioned in the original post said she had to get on a VIP list to get her metallic purple! I was thinking it's difficult to get more colorful bags in Paris but I guess it's not? Now I'm really wishing I was back in Paris!:crybaby: Another tPFer who came back from Paris said she also saw metallic green ones, which I'm dying to see in real life.

Get as many goodies as you can while you're there, L2C! And show off the beauties when you come back.;)

Yeah, I believe I saw the metallic purple in 2 stores. The one on Rue Royale has a better selection than the other stores. Next in line would be Ave Montaigne. The one on Rue Cambon has the smallest selection. From what I've observed in the years I've been to Paris, Parisians tend to stick with classic, elegant styles that would last. It would seem to me that the metallic purple might be a bit much, so I think it wouldn't be too hard to find in Paris. I'll definitely post pics once I get back! :yes:

^ Wow~ I really really really wish I was back in Paris! Or delayed my trip a bit. I also wish I had enough time to check out Rue Royale boutique. Then again, I'm happy with my bag (mine is silver hw too!) and more Chanels just means sadder bank account, as it's still suffering from holidays and trips. Lol~ Have a great time in Paris!

Haha, I totally feel you! I wasn't planning on buying a bag so soon, but when I laid my eyes on this baby... I was SOLD! I went crazy with CL shoes over the holidays...