Did anyone get a marine bag with reg. hardware?

ryu_chan ~ This is the first pic of Marine city with regular HW I have seen on tPF. Gorgeous color. Love it. I was going to give it a miss after getting my blueberry but now I have to rethink.:girlsigh: Thanks for sharing =)

ryu_chan ~ This is the first pic of Marine city with regular HW I have seen on tPF. Gorgeous color. Love it. I was going to give it a miss after getting my blueberry but now I have to rethink.:girlsigh: Thanks for sharing =)
Seems like you really like blue bbags :P. I love both Blueberry and Marine. They are both great every day colors sicne they both don't require a lot of care.

The Marine is actually much more navy than the pic. I've seen the Marine in both the GH and classic hardware and the color is very much like a purpleish navy

Here's side by side picture (Top is Marine, Bottom is Blueberry). Unfortunately, Marine is quite hard to take a picture of for some reason. Without the flash, the color just doesn't come out correctly at all.

Thanks so much for the pic., I've really been wanting to see a comparison. Both bags are beautiful!

Thanks to all the great pics. on this thread (and others) I have decided to get a marine city instead of trying to find a blueberry one. (I may still try to get blueberry in another style). I hope to have my own photo to post next week.

:yahoo: Beautiful!!!
attachment.php

I would describe Marine as a very handsome color. It is classy. Blueberry is more playful, and has brighter tone. My DH likes Marine better. He even said he would buy a bag of that color (not a bbag though) :smile:

Here's side by side picture (Top is Marine, Bottom is Blueberry). Unfortunately, Marine is quite hard to take a picture of for some reason. Without the flash, the color just doesn't come out correctly at all.

I totally agree with ryu! I am here trying to decide between a blueberry or marine work and I agree that marine is more handsome and classy-- a deeper blue that looks almost blackish navy under certain lights...the leather on the marine (at least the one I have) is very smooshy and thick and less veiny than the Blueberry. The blueberry is more bright and playful as ryu said...perhaps even more interesting...the blueberry leather that I have is thinner, shinier, and much veinier (characteristic of certain 06 leathers)...but the veins bring out the brighter blue in the blueberry and makes it prettier imo.... My DH thinks the blueberry is much more interesting, but I am leaning more towards the marine as I think it will age better, esp. w/ the thicker, smoother leather!--and I will age w/it better as it is a classier color and much more neutral... Hope this helps! , though I do not know how to post pics! sorry! :shame:

Here's my marine city from Bal NY. I couldn't be happier with the leather but am not 100% sure about the color. It might be a slight bit too dark for me, but I haven't decided yet. It's quite a bit darker than blueberry, but still with a slight hint of purple.

Attachments

• marinefront.JPG
    marinefront.JPG
    152.5 KB · Views: 114
  • marineback.JPG
    marineback.JPG
    116 KB · Views: 69
Its beatiful citychris! I have a hankering for a navy blue bag. I just got my ink day bag and its not navy enough to satisfy my need for a dark blue bag. I do love the purpley shade of the ink though so I will probably end up with both colors.