Diamonds in sterling silver settings?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I have no problem with diamonds set in sterling as long as the price is right. Haven't had any issues with any of my sterling silver ever.

2. I don't mind it at all. I have a Tiffany's sterling silver DBTY and it has held up nicely.

3. Very pretty! I have a few Movado pieces that are silver w real diamonds. They are now 10 years old and probably would have preferred WG since it would always look shiny without cleaning them.

baghagg likes this.
  4. I know this is an old thread but I thought it might be a good place to ask my question.
    I have a micro pave diamond bangle set in silver. (bought secondhand ages ago). Recently dug it out from a jewelry box, not seen the light of day in quite a while, but I really like it. I notice some of the diamonds look quite dark (some are still lovely and white). I tried to clean it with cleaner, then used the tin foil & baking soda trick. The bracelet is indeed very shiny & bright but still some of the diamonds are dark :sad:. I assume it’s tarnish that has gotten under the diamonds that is hard to remove. Any advice for me?

5. Can you take it to a jeweler? They can do wonders.

6. Yes I will likely have to resort to getting a professional cleaning.

7. Just an update in case anyone’s interested. I used the tin foil/baking soda/ boiling water method a few more times on my bangle and it’s way way better. I guess there is a drawback to setting diamonds in silver tho, cuz if it were set in white gold, there would not be this issue.

Susimoo likes this.