Diamonds in sterling silver settings?

Reactions: baghagg
I know this is an old thread but I thought it might be a good place to ask my question.
I have a micro pave diamond bangle set in silver. (bought secondhand ages ago). Recently dug it out from a jewelry box, not seen the light of day in quite a while, but I really like it. I notice some of the diamonds look quite dark (some are still lovely and white). I tried to clean it with cleaner, then used the tin foil & baking soda trick. The bracelet is indeed very shiny & bright but still some of the diamonds are dark :sad:. I assume it’s tarnish that has gotten under the diamonds that is hard to remove. Any advice for me?

I know this is an old thread but I thought it might be a good place to ask my question.
I have a micro pave diamond bangle set in silver. (bought secondhand ages ago). Recently dug it out from a jewelry box, not seen the light of day in quite a while, but I really like it. I notice some of the diamonds look quite dark (some are still lovely and white). I tried to clean it with cleaner, then used the tin foil & baking soda trick. The bracelet is indeed very shiny & bright but still some of the diamonds are dark :sad:. I assume it’s tarnish that has gotten under the diamonds that is hard to remove. Any advice for me?
Can you take it to a jeweler? They can do wonders.

Just an update in case anyone’s interested. I used the tin foil/baking soda/ boiling water method a few more times on my bangle and it’s way way better. I guess there is a drawback to setting diamonds in silver tho, cuz if it were set in white gold, there would not be this issue.

Reactions: Susimoo