Diamond studs or expensive watch?

It depends which you think you would wear more regualrly and what you already have in terms of a watch or studs earrings. IMO diamodn studs and a nice classic investment piece watch are jewelry basics. They are both staples so which ever one you have your heart set on more and would get the most use out of should come first, but you should get both eventually! If you are going to get a good size stud, definitly get screw back to make sure they are secure.

i'd get the studs!!! i wear mine everyday, they're screw backs. i have a fendi watch, but i don't get as much use out of it as i do the studs, since i take my watch off for showers/sleep/cleaning/ect... i'm sure you'll be happy w/ what ever you choose.

I vote go for the watch now and get the earrings later. Watches increase in price over time more quickly than diamonds, also some models become discontinued (i.e. Cartier panthere) whereas brilliant cut diamond studs are always available.

Thanks for the suggestions guys....:smile: I really really appreciate them! Leaning more toward the watch since I have some pearl studs for everyday and I hardly go out so where will I wear the diamonds? Haha!

Right now the only diamonds available from my jeweler are kinda smaller than the size I wanted so I may just hold out for the perfect pair and get the watch for now.

I would get the watch especially if it's a design that you really like because sometimes even if it's a classic design, watchmakers can alter a tiny bit of the design and discontinue the model. Then, they become collectors pieces. Also, there are always price increases.

You can always get classic diamond studs anytime and anywhere.

I say the watch. Studs are great, but they're not really that "special." I still get a tiny little thrill when I look down at my "fancy" watch which is almost three years old now...it just one of those things I never thought I'd own and now that I do, I still get a kick out of it!

Thanks for the suggestions guys....:smile: I really really appreciate them! Leaning more toward the watch since I have some pearl studs for everyday and I hardly go out so where will I wear the diamonds? Haha!

Right now the only diamonds available from my jeweler are kinda smaller than the size I wanted so I may just hold out for the perfect pair and get the watch for now.

What kind of watch were you thinking about!?:tup:

I ended up buying a Cartier watch.... well worth the $$$$ I paid for it!!!:yahoo::tup: Thanks for all your suggestions...I decided I would get more mileage out of a watch now rather than earrings. But the studs are definitely next on my list of what to save up for!