Diamond Hardware

I've never heard of aftermarket diamonds. This is the first time.

I love diamonds but I wouldn't do it with the Birkin if it didn't come with it originally.

I also agree that doing aftermarket diamonds ruins the perfection and integrity of the H craftsman who made the bag.

Totallly agreeee!
First of all, I'm a HUGE DIAMOND FAN and love :love: anything with bling! So baggaholic - I LOVE the idea of adding bling. But, I'm not a big fan of "after-market" diamonds... I bought my Cartier already with diamonds, and I think diamonds are more "special" when they come from the original company. JUST MY OPINION!:rolleyes:

Think of it this way, a birkin is a tote you occasionally put down...would you ever put it down if it had diamonds on it? While it would be beautiful, imagine sitting in a restaurant clutching the birkin while you're trying to eat? Seems very cumbersome

I would never put aftermarket diamonds on a Birkin. I have a feeling that Hermes would not service the bag, for one thing, since not only has it been altered from its original state, but I doubt really seriously that they would want to be liable for aftermarket diamonds while the bag's in their care.
For another thing, anyone who knows this brand well can see immediately that they are aftermarket diamonds and not Hermes' diamonds (the hardware on a "real" diamond Birkin is of a larger scale).
Lastly, it's just not my personal style at all and to me any diamonds, whether put there by Hermes or not, take away from the bag.

That being said, if you are a diamond person, buying with diamonds at Hermes will run you approx. $120K, so for once CDL's stuff is a better financial choice by quite a lot.

I am just dying to ask - why are diamond croc Birkins 115,000 Euros?

A "basic" croc Birkin is about 20K Euros, give or take, directly from H.

I've seen the diamond Birkins... but there aren't so many diamonds encrusted on the hardware. They are more like a pavee setting.

So a diamond croc is about 90-95K Euros more than a basic croc Birkin.

What exactly justifies the 90K for pavee diamonds that are probably a total of 3-4 carats at most?

Are the diamonds outsourced to another expensive jeweler?

Same reason a sterling silver bracelet that would cost about $200 at Tiffany costs more like $2000 at H. Because they CAN. :yes:

The thing is, I find H items very expensive but at the same time reasonable given its after-service, hand-made craftsmanship, scarcity, overhead, etc.. I don't find H jewelry too expensive - "reasonable" for luxury items. At least I can understand *why* a Birkin costs what it costs. But the diamond croc, I just don't understand.