DH says patent look "cheap"?!?

Thank you all so much for your thoughts and opinions. ** Especially your opinions of your DH's opinions of your bags ~ LOL ** Here is another pic form the Kooba site that might show the patent a little better. I think this pic shows it as a little "too" shiny, as I think the shine factor of the actual bag is somewhere in between the first set of pics and this one.

I've never been a patent person myself, as some of them do look cheap if they're poorly done as a few of you have pointed out. But I think the patent on this bag is pretty subtle compared to some.

96211.jpg

I had the Jackie in cuiou and I never considered the bag to be patent.. was this dylan advertised as patent?
I think it may just be shiny leather.
It's gorgeous btw....and what do men really know about purses?? I don't go on my DH's car forum and comment on the rims and spoiler kits...

I had a similar experience. I bought a Botkier Bianca in cognac color that was very similar to the leather on your Kooba - kind of coated, not exactly patent leather but somewhat shiny. My husband reacted the exact same way -- didn't like it thought it looked cheap, etc. I finally returned it not because he didn't like it but I decided that although it was a nice bag, I had gotten it on sale and my preference was really the soft leather that most of the Biancas are made out of. I still haven't gotten a Bianca but maybe some day. Anyway your bag is nice so as long as you don't mind the coated leather, just ignore him. He'll get over it.

I actually can see why some might think patent look cheap, but it's not the case with your bag, so enjoy it. I don't ask my bf's opinion on my bags, what does he know anyway.

Ugh! My husband said the same thing when I received a black Kooba Natasha bag. I just rolled my eyes and said, "Ok, whatever." I don't let his little comments about my purchases get to me because he's a man. What does he know? You should have seen the way that he dressed before we met.....seriously.... :wtf:

I have 5 patent bags: 1 red, 1 white, 3 black. I used to associate patent leather with those mary jane shoes I wore when I was a little girl so I didn't like it. Now it's dessert to my eyes and hands. I get a lot of compliments from men when I wear any of my patent bags, but especially my Coach red Ergo hobo and my black Botkier Sasha convertible duffle/hobo.

It's a lovely bag! Personally, I think it looks better in YOUR pics than the one from the KOOBA website!
--------------------------------------------------------
I agree with this. I like your bag, it's very nice and it does not look too "patent" to me, especially in you photos.

However, I don't think it is just a "men" thing. Personally, I don't like patent for bags and most of my GFs agree with me. None of us own patent leather bags. The reason: because it looks cheap. It does look like plastic and plastic is a cheap material. The only exception, up to a certain point, is "distressed" patent - I don't even know if this type of patent has a special name - like this Miu Miu. But it is still very shiny ...

Attachments

• miumiu_red.jpg
    miumiu_red.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 30
Hmm your bag doesn't look patent to me.

Personally, I won't buy patent bags because they are not that durable. If I would to spend a significant amount of money on a bag, I need it to last a good number of years (if not, forever!) and I don't think patent would meet that. Ok, I admit I find some patent bags cheap-looking but I think it depends on the design of the bag. Some patent bags do look hot! :smile: