DH says patent look "cheap"?!?

lmartinx1

♥~♥~tPF~♥~♥
Jun 23, 2007
So...with the help of a great tPFer (thanks M!) I was able to score this awesome Kooba Dylan from NM. I told DH it was coming, what a great deal it was and how excited I was to see it IRL. It arrives yesterday, I take it out, put it on and he says it looks "cheap"!?! I'm like WTF?!? :cursing: He says it's too "shiny" and it makes it look cheap it's pleather or something!! (If he only knew the retail was almost $700!!:angel:)

This is my first patent bag and to me it's not the ultra shiny, in your face patent leather. It's really just has kind of a sheen to it. All of my other bags are pretty much washed, matte leather so I thought that maybe it was a little bit of culture shock to him to see my carrying something with a little shine to it.

Just wanted to get some other thoughts on patent leather and if it look cheap??

I think it looks great!! Doesn't look cheap at all...and like you said it's not super in your face patent. I had to look at it twice to really see if it was patent because it doesn't look patent to me at all! It's a beautiful bag!!! :tup:

The only fashion opinion I ask my husband for anymore is whether or not my butt looks good in jeans. :roflmfao: Patent can look cheap if not done right, but that bag looks great.

Wow, gorgeous bag! Are you sure it's patent, was it advertised as such? It does not look at all patent to me, it looks rather like the leather has a somewhat of a glossy glaze. It's beautiful, I say who cares what the hubby says, enjoy it!

Linda

one of my best friends said the same thing about other patent bags.. she thinks they look cheap too. I can almost see that. they shine so much like plastic. I sometimes think that patent is better off on shoes.. but, lol, i just bought two patent bags, just for the color alone..

but i kinda see how they look cheap too.. i'm just happy as long as the leather is real and the bag doesnt cost too much..I'd rather carry a real leather cheap looking bag than a fake leather cheap looking bag.. lol.. oooh, dont hate me please. :flowers: