Devastated by repair to my bag - new postmans lock

I had the postman's lock replaced on my oak Alexa last year - didn't spot any damage like this (but will double check now) and I certainly wouldn't expect a bag to be returned in that state - especially by Mulberry...

Hope you get it sorted soon x

Hiya, can you feel the back of the plate or does it feel smooth?

I have had this done to one of my bags and I can honestly say there was absolutely no damage visible nor could you see any damage to the lining. I have never understood how they did it but it looked new when finished.

Never had a problem as all of my other repairs have been perfect and invisible. There was only one instance where my oak Daria came back and it had a biro mark in the underside of the plaited handle, I wasn't completely sure if it was there before or not, so let it go, however I didn't remember seeing it previously

Initially I didn't spot the cuts/holes as they are not quite aligned to the back of the lock plate, they are slightly lower and all I concentrated on was the view from the front, where the leather is.

It's going back to M for assessment, however the DPD man failed to turn up to collect it last week, so hopefully they will turn up tomorrow

This is awful!! I hope they sort this out for you louliu71! If you don't mind me asking, how much does it cost to get the postmans lock replaced? I'm constantly worried about scratches but won't worry as much if I know it can be fairly cheaply replaced (although I'll now worry about them damaging the bag!)

Thank, I was quoted £54, but was then advised just £30 for front and back plate

Further update, looks like a wasted day at home again!! DPD have no record of any collection from me today hmmmmm!!!

Thanks lovelies, I turned the lining inside out to see if they had attempted to unpick the stitches - the logical way to have done this was to go in via the pocket. I can't see any evidence of this although in all honestly I wouldn't expect to as I couldn't see any evidence of a zip repair on my daria

I can also feel the knobbly bits through the lining

Any ladies with Alexa's, how does the lock plate feel through the lining?

I have an OS Alexa in soft Buffalo; rear of postman's lock feels very smooth with two flat 'bumps' on left and right near edges which are hardly noticeable?

Hope this helps??

I have an OS Alexa in soft Buffalo; rear of postman's lock feels very smooth with two flat 'bumps' on left and right near edges which are hardly noticeable?

Hope this helps??

Thanks, yes it does help - I can't have another look as DPD finally picked the bag up late yesterday afternoon and to be honest the more I looked at it, the more disappointed I became.

I was losing patience as dpd categorically stated they weren't scheduled to come to me yesterday, so don't know what happened, at least it wasn't another wasted day waiting for it to be collected

Let's see what happens

In my previous comment I said my repair was fine and it was. However, I failed to say how terrible yours looks and I feel so for you. That is totally unacceptable. Was your repair done in the US or in the UK? The two repairs I have had done were in the US. Now that I look at mine I wonder how they did it without damage. I hope they put in a new lining for you and it all works out so your bag looks great.

In my previous comment I said my repair was fine and it was. However, I failed to say how terrible yours looks and I feel so for you. That is totally unacceptable. Was your repair done in the US or in the UK? The two repairs I have had done were in the US. Now that I look at mine I wonder how they did it without damage. I hope they put in a new lining for you and it all works out so your bag looks great.

Thanks and it was UK, if it's a new lining, it will need to be the original silk mix lining and not the canvas they use now. I have nothing against the canvas as its hard wearing and does the job, however I love the small tree lining and it seems to attract less fluff/lint if that makes sense

Hi Lou, I have not seen your thread before... Wow. I cannot believe what they have done to your bag and in what state they have sent it back to you. I am awfully sorry and I hope they sort this mess out, soon.

Hi Lou, I have not seen your thread before... Wow. I cannot believe what they have done to your bag and in what state they have sent it back to you. I am awfully sorry and I hope they sort this mess out, soon.

Hey Ludmilla, hope you are well?

Thanks for your kind words

Just a waiting game now

Quick update lovelies, M have come good and have replaced the lining with the tree silk mix lining........ I should have it back next week [emoji7]
Good news . Looking,forward to seeing it. Did they pass comment on why the repair was sent back in such poor condition in the first place?