Designer bags turning up at Goodwill

I agree with the other posters about fakes. You'll find lots of them, but the real thing (at least in my neck of the woods) would go up for auction. We even have a "high end" Goodwill here in Portland, but the prices are comparable to consignment stores, imo.

I bought an Authentic Dooney for $3 ten years ago at the Salvation Army Thrift Store. I am still carrying it. I have found many great bargains. The best is a ring that I bought for $1.50. We still have not been able to authenticate it. The research assistant at the library told me it was a Hans Holbien (16th Century). That would be great, BUT I still don't know. Many people have looked at it, appraisers and others. Pictures available on request. [email protected] Remove nospam to write. If this is a no-no, please delete and give me another chance. I didn't see any reference to private eMails in the rules.

I live in a city so all the good stuff gets taken :| and I do think they charge too much for the ratty clothes and shoes they do have. The only things I ever wind up finding in Goodwill nowadays are kitchen items and books. I do find a new looking label pair of pants once in a blue moon but they are only left on the rack because they are a 4P. haha. I did however find a nice leather Dooney in a consignment shop in a small town for $45 and in a nearby independent thrift store (not goodwill or salvation army) I found a Coach 'Patricia' legacy bag that was pretty much new for $29. So you can luck out sometimes!

I agree with the other posters about fakes. You'll find lots of them, but the real thing (at least in my neck of the woods) would go up for auction. We even have a "high end" Goodwill here in Portland, but the prices are comparable to consignment stores, imo.

I'm from Portland, too, and I agree. They've known for a long time what they've got. I drive thru mine to donate nearly every week or two and I see really generous and wonderful things people are dropping off. Last week I saw a man putting out those really large stuffed animals from FAO, beautiful condition.
Two of my good friends (retired) were GW managers and I'll have to ask them. Any good info I'll pass along to you all!!! :yahoo:

Wow... my local goodwill has mostly fakes. they had a gucci makeup bag once but it was the tiny gg's and i thought it was lame so i skipped it.

I got lots of lucky jeans at the goodwill on the cape, though. sold them at my consignment store for a lot more than i paid, too!