DES at Thankyou and RHINO at 1st button

vlinebarbie

Jun 26, 2021
I’ve use purseforum alot before my surgery so I thought I would share my experience. I am freshly out of surgery. I just did DES, lower+upper canthoplasty with slight ptosis correction at Thankyou in the morning and then went to 1st button for rhinoplasty and fat graft for the afternoon.

I had dr Kim at Thankyou, he used to be at 1mm and also somewhere else I forgot but you can check on the site. First thing you do you make payment, change into cloth, put in locker, wash your face and gargle some orange liquid. Then you sign some contracts, take note that you are not allowed to have a copy of these contracts but you can come in to look anytime (not sure why). After all that you see Mr.Kim to finalize surgery goals. I was super nervous and anxious because it’s my first surgery and was also by myself. while he was doing the DES measurements, I had a quite a lot of questions because I guess I got confused by what upper canthoplasty means. I can tell he was started to get frustrated because probably cause there is limited time before surgery but I just wanted to make sure I was getting what I wanted. It made me more anxious I almost cried but I think Dr Kim saw that and he became more patient. It made me feel alot better. We took a long time to decide on the crease and explain how it will look as a result. Also no one speaks English at Thankyou except for Dr Kim, I’m not sure about the other doctors but the consultants and front desk no one speaks English. I had my translator with me but I think you can do without one if it’s dr Kim. (The translator is another experience, let me know if you like to hear that as well). Then you go into surgery room and you get anesthesia, the type I had was you sleep and then you are awake but there is no pain because I have to open eye for double eyelid. The anesthesia was great I was very high, I enjoyed it . Then I was sent to recovery room with ice pack on my eye until there iv drip is done. I was still dizzy but ok to walk. I went to get changed and omg I look at the mirror and I’m bruised and swollen af !! I didn’t expect that because from recovery photos I seen online people don’t look that bruised and swollen. A horrific scene indeed. I also kept tearing. Anyway I got changed myself and lady at Thankyou guided me to my driver. I hired a driver I didn’t want to be hoping around waiting for taxis since I was by myself. Highly recommend a driver.

Okay now I’m off to 1st button for my rhino! My driver dropped me off and I went upstairs myself, by now the anesthesia wore off so I was fine to walk. Dr. Chris came in to review our rhino goals again, I signed contracts and then I went to pay. I asked for photos of when the surgery is done so that I have an idea of how it will look after before it gets swollen. Dr. Chris is very patient and has great bedside manner. He’s also very informative and accommodating that’s what I feel about him so far. I went to get changed and went into surgery. The surgery took longer than expected, I think one hour which worries me. I’m not sure what happened but he said he was trying to perfect the nose bridge and had to use my cartilage. Surgery was from 3-8 ( including the wake up time, anesthesia). They let me take my time to be less dizzy, I felt really really dizzy this time prob cause stronger anesthesia so took me longer to feel good again. My throat didn’t hurt and my lips didn’t feel dry like most others talk about. Actually feel completely fine, there is no pain just can’t breathe but he said to come in the morning to take the stuffings. So I guess it better to do a later day rhino so you don’t have to suffer with the stuffing for so long

Okay so now I am home and I have two bags from both clinics. Thankyou a bag consist of the ice pack and my medicine, after care. 1st button bag consist of pumpkin juice ice packs and aftercare that has printed instructions (which I do so appreciate). I highly recommend you ask them to give you these bags before your surgery because it takes time for the ice packs to freeze. Like now I brought it back to my hotel, they don’t even have a freezer so I had to ask concerige to freeze for me. But for now I have to use bags of ice. Sigh. Anyway even after going home I have a lot of questions. I really appreciate that I can message Dr.Chris directly on my kaokao. It is reassuring for me that even after my surgery he can answer any questions I will have

This is my experience so far… I look crazy swollen and bruised like I’m really for Halloween.

Last edited:
I’ve use purseforum alot before my surgery so I thought I would share my experience. I am freshly out of surgery. I just did DES, lower+upper canthoplasty with slight ptosis correction at Thankyou in the morning and then went to 1st button for rhinoplasty and fat graft for the afternoon.

I had dr Kim at Thankyou, he used to be at 1mm and also somewhere else I forgot but you can check on the site. First thing you do you make payment, change into cloth, put in locker, wash your face and gargle some orange liquid. Then you sign some contracts, take note that you are not allowed to have a copy of these contracts but you can come in to look anytime (not sure why). After all that you see Mr.Kim to finalize surgery goals. I was super nervous and anxious because it’s my first surgery and was also by myself. while he was doing the DES measurements, I had a quite a lot of questions because I guess I got confused by what upper canthoplasty means. I can tell he was started to get frustrated because probably cause there is limited time before surgery but I just wanted to make sure I was getting what I wanted. It made me more anxious I almost cried but I think Dr Kim saw that and he became more patient. It made me feel alot better. We took a long time to decide on the crease and explain how it will look as a result. Also no one speaks English at Thankyou except for Dr Kim, I’m not sure about the other doctors but the consultants and front desk no one speaks English. I had my translator with me but I think you can do without one if it’s dr Kim. (The translator is another experience, let me know if you like to hear that as well). Then you go into surgery room and you get anesthesia, the type I had was you sleep and then you are awake but there is no pain because I have to open eye for double eyelid. The anesthesia was great I was very high, I enjoyed it . Then I was sent to recovery room with ice pack on my eye until there iv drip is done. I was still dizzy but ok to walk. I went to get changed and omg I look at the mirror and I’m bruised and swollen af !! I didn’t expect that because from recovery photos I seen online people don’t look that bruised and swollen. A horrific scene indeed. I also kept tearing. Anyway I got changed myself and lady at Thankyou guided me to my driver. I hired a driver I didn’t want to be hoping around waiting for taxis since I was by myself. Highly recommend a driver.

Okay now I’m off to 1st button for my rhino! My driver dropped me off and I went upstairs myself, by now the anesthesia wore off so I was fine to walk. Dr. Chris came in to review our rhino goals again, I signed contracts and then I went to pay. I asked for photos of when the surgery is done so that I have an idea of how it will look after before it gets swollen. Dr. Chris is very patient and has great bedside manner. He’s also very informative and accommodating that’s what I feel about him so far. I went to get changed and went into surgery. The surgery took longer than expected, I think one hour which worries me. I’m not sure what happened but he said he was trying to perfect the nose bridge and had to use my cartilage. Surgery was from 3-8 ( including the wake up time, anesthesia). They let me take my time to be less dizzy, I felt really really dizzy this time prob cause stronger anesthesia so took me longer to feel good again. My throat didn’t hurt and my lips didn’t feel dry like most others talk about. Actually feel completely fine, there is no pain just can’t breathe but he said to come in the morning to take the stuffings. So I guess it better to do a later day rhino so you don’t have to suffer with the stuffing for so long

Okay so now I am home and I have two bags from both clinics. Thankyou a bag consist of the ice pack and my medicine, after care. 1st button bag consist of pumpkin juice ice packs and aftercare that has printed instructions (which I do so appreciate). I highly recommend you ask them to give you these bags before your surgery because it takes time for the ice packs to freeze. Like now I brought it back to my hotel, they don’t even have a freezer so I had to ask concerige to freeze for me. But for now I have to use bags of ice. Sigh. Anyway even after going home I have a lot of questions. I really appreciate that I can message Dr.Chris directly on my kaokao. It is reassuring for me that even after my surgery he can answer any questions I will have

This is my experience so far… I look crazy swollen and bruised like I’m really for Halloween.
Heyyy :smile: I’m also really considering first button. Which rhinoplasty procedure did you get done ? Do you think what he gave you is slightly dolly also?

I can tell he’s a really good doctor, going to his clinic does not feel rushed or factory like at all which is reassuring. I got my alar tucked, bulbous tip correction with cartilage and bridge with silicone. I’ll keep you posted on the results. You can message 1st button on kaokao for an online consultation and he will do an online consultation for you. I did alot of online ones and narrowed it to 3 for when I got to Korea. I have to say out of all the doctors he was the most patient and made me feel the most comfortable. When making such important decision like surgery you don’t want to ever feel rushed.

Reactions: unemployed
Oops forgot to say I think he specializes in natural looking nose but maybe he can do a natural dolly nose ? You can inquire. He is very realistic about the expectations.
Hey :smile: I assume you’ve got your cast off by now? How are you liking it? Also how are your eyes? I’ve read that you had canthoplasty down to the lower portion, Im also looking to get that same procedure done as well.

my cast is stilll on. Getting it removed on November 3! So nervous 🫣 My eyes are really swollen and bruised. I feel like they are more bruised then others.. I remember even coming straight out of the procedure I looked at myself in the mirror and was shocked how bruised I was ! I will keep you updated on the eyes .stitch removal also on the 3rd :smile:

Reactions: unemployed
my cast is stilll on. Getting it removed on November 3! So nervous 🫣 My eyes are really swollen and bruised. I feel like they are more bruised then others.. I remember even coming straight out of the procedure I looked at myself in the mirror and was shocked how bruised I was ! I will keep you updated on the eyes .stitch removal also on the 3rd :smile:
I’m so excited for you!!! If you don’t mind, I’d love to see your post op result :smile:

Hey I did nonincisional double eyelid. Sorry I haven’t been here for a while because it’s be a rollercoaster of emotions. I think my double eyelid swelling is all gone now but I think the crease is a little weird in the front for one of the eyes. I’m not sure if it’s because it’s still swollen or it’s like that so I need to update you later.

As for my nose, swelling has significantly went down and it looks good but I don’t think it’s the perfect nose for me. It is the nose that I asked for exactly though but I think I went too natural, my tip is not pointy enough. But what I’m really concerned about is my fat graft. I know it’s only been a month and everyone is telling me to be patient which I’ve been trying to but it’s taking a toll on me mentally. I’m so afraid that I will look like a balloon forever. My cheeks are still big and overfilled looking, I have my prominent cheeks to begin with and this made it even bigger it looks like the saw 🥺 . I remember telling him I don’t want to look overfilled , I just hope that this will subside but I rather pay for several sessions then have to look like this. I think if the fat graft wasn’t so overfilled I might like the results more but I can’t appreciate any of it because I look so swollen.