Decision Advice: Reissue 226 vs 227

Chanel Reissue - 226 or 227?

Results are only viewable after voting.
comparison of jumbo (left ) to 227 (right)

attachment.php

Attachments

• 227vsJumbo.jpg
    227vsJumbo.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 1,656
That's my thought too. And since 90% of my dinners are causal-dressy, the jumbo/227 works nights for me too. I have the M/L black lamb for dressy-dressy.

The bad news being that the SA just told me that NM doesn't carry any matte grey bags other than this one (the 10A), which is the last one they have anywhere.

I was hoping they'd carry the 11P, but not looking promising.

Great pics BP, they are super helpful!

akillian, I can't believe the SA told you that the 226 is closest to the jumbo. Why do they do that? It is so irritating! I hope you can find a grey 227. IMO the 227 size is preferable to a 226 which is usually way to small for me. Best of luck!

Thanks. She is really trying to be helpful - and I guess it's ultimately my fault for not catching that it was the wrong price. :sad:

Great pics BP, they are super helpful!

akillian, I can't believe the SA told you that the 226 is closest to the jumbo. Why do they do that? It is so irritating! I hope you can find a grey 227. IMO the 227 size is preferable to a 226 which is usually way to small for me. Best of luck!

I was hoping NM carried the 11P grey (or any other matte grey, for the matter), but from the sounds of it, perhaps not. If anyone has an insight, I'm all ears!

11p grey ghw? I THINK I might have seen it at NM but not 100%

But all the 11P grey ghw's I have seen have been 226.. I have never seen a 227 IRL, and not sure who bought it.....

I'd actually love RHW.
I suppose my other option would be the new pre-fall silver. I guess that would serve a similar purpose..... I haven't seen it IRL though. Only in pictures.

I just worry about the durability of a 'new' finish. As in... I hope it wouldn't start flaking in a couple years. And if it would look too blingy in a 227.

I'd actually love RHW.
I suppose my other option would be the new pre-fall silver. I guess that would serve a similar purpose..... I haven't seen it IRL though. Only in pictures.

I just worry about the durability of a 'new' finish. As in... I hope it wouldn't start flaking in a couple years. And if it would look too blingy in a 227.

I don't think 11P came with RHW.. I've only seen it with GHW.

I saw a pre-fall 224 DS and it looks different from the reissue metallics of 08. I really don't think it will have the peeling issue that 08 did, because the metallic looks like it is part of the leather and not on top, if that makes any sense. I was hesitant on the pre-fall metallics, but after I saw the 224 IRL, I went ahead and ordered the 227.

GREAT pic! Sold on 227. I love that size!!! It looks a little less boxy than the jumbo - so I suspect it carries a bit smaller than one as well. Especially with such a subtle color.

You're fantastic to help me this AM. Thank you!

Reissues are definately less boxy than jumbos hence more comfortable to carry. A 226 is in between a m/l & jumbo, & 227 is in between a jumbo & maxi size. In my personal opinion, 227 can fit slightly more than a jumbo. :yes:

I have not seen 11P gray with rhw either. My local SA says it only comes in ghw.

HTHs! :smile:

Oooh - I'm so exicted for your 227 Drk Silver NYCavalier! Have you already received it? How awesome! I liked the matte grey b/c I felt like I could easily wear gold jewelry with it... but wasn't sure I could say the same for the Dark Silver. Then again, I haven't seen it IRL at all.

BlackSheep13 - I think you may be right on the GHW for 11P.

It's looking like I just won't be getting my last reissue Chanel pre-price increase after all. Keeping all of life in perspective, I feel a bit crushed for the moment. :sad: