de neverfull issues

I don't know if anyone can help me, I'm looking in to buying the neverfull mm in DE but I'm really scared of the vachetta on the straps and the trim cracking or peeling! I've just bought the speedy B 35 in DE and my handles and piping are fine and I haven't heard of many issues with the bag, but EVERYONE seems to have this issue with the neverfull and it only seems to be the DE ones! Can someone give me any advice please? I like the mono one but I don't know as if I like it enough to buy it. I'm only 16 so as you can imagine buying Louis Vuitton with what little wages I get is quite a big chunk of my money gone and I don't want to buy a bag and then find I made a mistake in doing so :sad: I have a massive love affair with Louis Vuitton and I don't want this bag to ruin it for me :shucks: I'd appreciate anyones help and I'm so sorry to see that happened to your bag!

I don't know if anyone can help me, I'm looking in to buying the neverfull mm in DE but I'm really scared of the vachetta on the straps and the trim cracking or peeling! I've just bought the speedy B 35 in DE and my handles and piping are fine and I haven't heard of many issues with the bag, but EVERYONE seems to have this issue with the neverfull and it only seems to be the DE ones! Can someone give me any advice please? I like the mono one but I don't know as if I like it enough to buy it. I'm only 16 so as you can imagine buying Louis Vuitton with what little wages I get is quite a big chunk of my money gone and I don't want to buy a bag and then find I made a mistake in doing so :sad: I have a massive love affair with Louis Vuitton and I don't want this bag to ruin it for me :shucks: I'd appreciate anyones help and I'm so sorry to see that happened to your bag!

Since you are young and money is tight I would recommend finding a different bag that you love. With your age and wages I feel it's too much of a risk and you would be really upset :smile:

I want a de NF but have decided to get a de totally when I decide to purchase for this exact same reason.

I don't necessarily mind the price, I get a good wage considering how old I am I just don't want to spend that money on a bag for it to break! :sad: I expect it to carry my bags for school etc so I need to be able to rely on it and it seems like no one can reassure me that's going to happen :sad: thankyou for your suggestion!

I have one that is a little over a year old and it still looks brand new. I haven't had any problems with glaze or cracking. All of the neverfull straps are pretty thin, so I don't think it'd make a great everyday bag for large books.

My DE Neverfull is less than a year old. It has the same peeling issue although I've barely worn it - maybe 10 times total. I only put my wallet and a cosmetic case in the bag - which is basically nothing heavy at all. The peeled spots are located where the bag cinches in - but they look exactly like the OPs pics. I am debating whether to sell the bag, since I worry how it will age with any sort of normal wear.

I know there's been problems with the older neverfulls but I recently gotten mines at the end of December & barely started putting it to use & came across some of the leather trim peeling. I never cinch my bags in & notice it peeling around the area & the area around the handles. I'm very careful with my bags so Is this normal? Is it under the warranty since it's not cracking? I own Bloomsbury & the leather doesn't peel & I have the monogram neverfull & didn't have the issue. Do you guys have the same issue?
Definitely take it to the store and see what they can do for you. It shouldn't look like this after such a short space of time, GL and let us know how you get on.

Do a search on the lv forum for this issue as there are a lot of posts regarding this. I searched through tons of them when researching whether to buy this bag or not, also look on the neverfull and damier neverfull clubhouses. There is so much info on tpf that you will be able to decide for yourself if you want to buy one and advice on what to do if you do encounter any problems, I found it really helpful. I also posted a list of things to check when looking at the bag in the boutique on the neverfull clubhouse.
I bought mine in September and it still looks brand new, so don't be put off, just look into it so you can be sure about whether you should pull the trigger. For the amount of money you are spending, it's worth spending a few hours to be Informed. GL.

Just checked mine and I also have a scuff at the trim that is much more visible. But mine is more than 2 years old and always used for groceries schlepping. I'm sure that corner (when cinched it's a corner) bumped into something... other than that my NF held up pretty well

Unfortunately this is not an uncommon issue. I bought a DE Neverfull GM a couple of years back and returned it due to fear of this happening. I wish they could fix this problem and I'd buy it again (though I don't care for the new style lining, so it's kind of a moot point for me now...).

You can certainly have it repaired and due to the age of the bag they will probably do it free of charge, but be aware that you will be without your bag potentially for several weeks, and it will probably happen again in the future even after repair. Such a shame they can't get it right with this bag. It's totally unacceptable for it to be standard for a Louis Vuitton bag to develop this fault.