de neverfull issues

LQNT

Jun 26, 2013
I know there's been problems with the older neverfulls but I recently gotten mines at the end of December & barely started putting it to use & came across some of the leather trim peeling. I never cinch my bags in & notice it peeling around the area & the area around the handles. I'm very careful with my bags so Is this normal? Is it under the warranty since it's not cracking? I own Bloomsbury & the leather doesn't peel & I have the monogram neverfull & didn't have the issue. Do you guys have the same issue?

Attachments

BrayLV

Dec 29, 2013
England
I have the Neverfull MM in DE also, and mine looks like this too! I do use mine pretty much everyday, and cinch occasionally. It's a shame they do this so early on.. I bought mine in mid December also xx

LQNT

Jun 26, 2013
@braylv I wonder if it could be fix, never had any wear & tear on my bags :sad:

BrayLV

Dec 29, 2013
England
There are many other threads around this subject, and I think it may depend on your circumstances and boutique on what action they may or may not take.
It's such a shame though... my wear is very similar to yours in those areas. I had the DE because of it being easier to maintain.. I wish I had researched any possible issues before I bought it :/ xx

LQNT

Jun 26, 2013
Yeah I read those treads but they seem to be the older years neverfulls before they changed the design of the leather trim. I'm not sure if this is still a common thing, hopefully it isnt

lvoe nyc

Mar 25, 2013
Mine is just over a year old and I have no problems with it. I don't use it often, but it still looks brand new with no cracking or peeling.

Edit to say that I don't think it's really a defect or common problem. I think the treated leather needs to be cared for much more. Vachetta is more durable IMO.

Last edited:

LQNT

Jun 26, 2013
I have the Bloomsbury & I found it to be less Maintencee compared to my neverfull monogram. It's just annoying bc I have no idea why it's peeling & what I can do to prevent it from happening

lvoe nyc

Mar 25, 2013
To compare my DE and mono speedy the vachetta shows no wear. My DE Speedy shows a bit of wear and tear. I think to some extent it's just the nature of the treated leather.

anabg

Sep 17, 2011
New York/New Jersey
Yeah I read those treads but they seem to be the older years neverfulls before they changed the design of the leather trim. I'm not sure if this is still a common thing, hopefully it isnt
When did they change the design of the leather trim? I did not hear about it.