Dawn's small but well-loved collection

You are a sweetie @Iamminda
And thank you @GeorginaLavender
Also @Kendie26 sorry for not replying :hugs:

I’ve not been on TPF much in the past fortnight. I’ve been feeling really unsettled.

My company is going through a big expansion phase, and change just feels a bit unsettling. We’re planning to hire at least one more Director in my team, and I’m not sure how it will affect my role and my team. So I’ve been feeling a bit small and unsettled...

Anyways, I was walking around the office feeling a bit small and our CEO who is usually in a different city was visiting. She saw me and said “how are you?” I replied I’m okay, but she said “you don’t look okay, let’s have a coffee”. She asked me to explain what’s going on, and when I told her I’m worried about how the expansion will affect me, she said she needs me to think about it with my CEO hat on. That I’m going to be her, one day, and I need to understand how to continue to influence within an international expansion, even where I can’t control everything. She said that even if I’m feeling small because my role will be changing, I’m never going to have any boxes or limits put around me in this company because everyone can see how much impact I have, and how effective I am. If I articulate whatever role I want, she promises to help me grow into it.

I don’t know whether I believe her. It feels like people are just being nice. My experiences have not been great in the past. I’ve really struggled to have space or visibility as I’ve been rising through the ranks and it’s only really the past year that’s been incredible in terms of progress and growth. Now I’m just afraid I’m going to become invisible again.

Work is really important to me. I guess I need to just find a way to feel less intense about it all. And I do feel very flattered that our CEO (who everyone loves :heart:) thinks I'm going to be her one day. She said "you're growing so quickly, you're such a fast learner and you're fearless; you'll get here faster than me".

With all that reassurance you'd think I'd feel reassured but I'm just a bit unsettled by life at the moment :hrmm:

Anyways, that’s what’s going on. And I do have some fun birthday stuff to post so I'll do that soon. Lots of love to all my friends x
Thanks for sharing Miss Dawn. I am sorry to hear that you have been feeling unsettled although I understand that changes can be unsettling. With that said, I think you should take what your CEO said to heart and believe that the best is yet to come and you will continue to have a tremendous impact. (I don’t think she was just being nice, I think she meant every word). Don’t let all your progress/confidence go out the window. No need to feel small — think big and you will have big results. Your CEO believes in you. I believe in you. And all your friends believe in you. It will all turn out fine. Embrace all the changes that are coming and continue your ascent.

Ok onto your birthday celebration :smile:. Happy Birthday Miss Dawn. Can’t wait to see your birthday goodies.

Have a lovely Sunday.

Thanks for sharing Miss Dawn. I am sorry to hear that you have been feeling unsettled although I understand that changes can be unsettling. With that said, I think you should take what your CEO said to heart and believe that the best is yet to come and you will continue to have a tremendous impact. (I don’t think she was just being nice, I think she meant every word). Don’t let all your progress/confidence go out the window. No need to feel small — think big and you will have big results. Your CEO believes in you. I believe in you. And all your friends believe in you. It will all turn out fine. Embrace all the changes that are coming and continue your ascent.

Ok onto your birthday celebration :smile:. Happy Birthday Miss Dawn. Can’t wait to see your birthday goodies.

Have a lovely Sunday.
@Miss_Dawn :wave:
:wave:+1 w/ dearest iamminda’s comments above. Please believe in yourself like the fine folks at your company do & we have no doubt your success will continue to climb! :yes::smartass:And very special Happiest of Birthday wishes to sweet wonderful you :party: No doubt Mr. Dawn will treat you royally:girlsigh::drinks::hugs:

Have a lovely Sunday.

@Miss_Dawn :wave:
:wave:+1 w/ dearest iamminda’s comments above. Please believe in yourself like the fine folks at your company do & we have no doubt your success will continue to climb! :yes::smartass:And very special Happiest of Birthday wishes to sweet wonderful you :party: No doubt Mr. Dawn will treat you royally:girlsigh::drinks::hugs:

Thank you so much my dear friends. I have still been a bit unsettled, but the support really cheers me up :smooch:

Let's talk about fun stuff!

My birthday and anniversary have now been celebrated and I've taken pictures of everything as a bit of a photo diary.
Here are all my goodies together and then I'll post individual photos :biggrin:

Attachments

• 22A5FCD2-AC21-4B56-8388-54A6C3C0563F.jpeg
    22A5FCD2-AC21-4B56-8388-54A6C3C0563F.jpeg
    164.9 KB · Views: 257
First up, a couple of months ago, Mr Dawn bought me a "just because" perfume from Dior. I put it away for my birthday :angel: And since he makes friends with everyone, the SA added lots of goodies, including mini lip products and a small black Dior pochette :smile:

Attachments

• 2C8C6E1A-F792-403C-A49C-56CE5283BBD7.jpeg
    2C8C6E1A-F792-403C-A49C-56CE5283BBD7.jpeg
    190.1 KB · Views: 257
  • 12914F47-67FB-442B-9D8A-EBF53E6BF5BC.jpeg
    12914F47-67FB-442B-9D8A-EBF53E6BF5BC.jpeg
    162.3 KB · Views: 254
We had a small party for my birthday, with family, on the weekend. Presents from family were various gift cards ( :biggrin:).

The night before my birthday, Mr Dawn surprised me with a Louis Vuitton bracelet and he went and picked a limited edition Nars lipstick set by himself as well.

On my birthday itself, we bought a Chanel round coin purse together (a gift from me to me) before heading to the Dorchester for dinner. I felt very decadent :angel: Dinner was lovely and the floral arrangements at the Dorchester were taller than me!!

Attachments

• D653A609-77E0-40F4-B548-D8A5948F517C.jpeg
    D653A609-77E0-40F4-B548-D8A5948F517C.jpeg
    129.7 KB · Views: 256
  • FA2B4A7F-2B49-4611-8651-E82B3BA322E1.jpeg
    FA2B4A7F-2B49-4611-8651-E82B3BA322E1.jpeg
    165.5 KB · Views: 258
  • EDF1F1F5-F949-4A99-9A58-7DC539E1C2FE.jpeg
    EDF1F1F5-F949-4A99-9A58-7DC539E1C2FE.jpeg
    217.8 KB · Views: 259
  • 3C9A166D-2A4F-4587-ABF3-DD7E02336E5B.jpeg
    3C9A166D-2A4F-4587-ABF3-DD7E02336E5B.jpeg
    204.4 KB · Views: 253
  • 724A6F11-5FE0-4C5D-95FB-EFB0CBD60AFE.jpeg
    724A6F11-5FE0-4C5D-95FB-EFB0CBD60AFE.jpeg
    139.7 KB · Views: 259
Last edited:
For our anniversary, we went to the theatre.

And we went shopping :biggrin: I bought two Montblanc Boheme pens and a matching leather pen case.

And also a Gucci Interlocking mini bag in an unusual sky blue shade (which will match my ballerina pumps from Gucci in the same shade!)

Attachments

• BDC0B033-4D51-48CE-9EDD-F2BEBD0107C4.jpeg
    BDC0B033-4D51-48CE-9EDD-F2BEBD0107C4.jpeg
    309.5 KB · Views: 259
  • 02FA0CBE-23DA-4621-A4DC-4B178E169E1F.jpeg
    02FA0CBE-23DA-4621-A4DC-4B178E169E1F.jpeg
    224.5 KB · Views: 254
Finally, I bought two pairs of Prada shoes last month that I forgot to post. Black heels for work, and beige ballerina pumps (how boring am I!)
I should add that the reason the shoes didn't get unboxed last month was because I told Mr Dawn I would wait till my birthday. I can't wait to waltz around the office in my new black heels :biggrin:

Wow, Miss Dawn, what a wonderful birthday and anniversary celebration/haul. I don’t even know where to start. Mr Dawn did a great job picking out the beautiful ornate bracelet — it is very you. if I may say :smile:. I love love love the CC round coin purse — so cute, do you plan to use it for coins (vs alternate use)? The Gucci bag is so pretty— what a spectacular blue. And it matches your Gucci pump? How perfect. Gosh, everthing is just lovely. Enjoy all your new goodies.

What was dinner like at the Dorchester? What did you eat? It looks like such a grand place to dine —the epitome of fine dining. I love good food — and always enjoy hearing about it especially at places I have never been before.

And finally, just want to wish you well and hope you feel more settled at your job soon. Everthing will turn out fine (even if there are changes ahead).

Hello Ms. Dawn,

First, I want to wish you a Happy Birthday and Anniversary [emoji512][emoji320][emoji257][emoji324][emoji515][emoji513][emoji255][emoji322]☘️[emoji322][emoji488]. As usual, Mr. Dawn is an expert gift-giver and should probably start his own husband school where he teaches classes on the finesse of gift-giving and the importance of being friendly to everyone. Also, Mr. Dawn should consider a special class on “just because” gifts—many people ignore this category that is very special and dear to my heart.

Second, I hope you feel more uplifted by the kindness and special care of your CEO. For most people, change is scary and unnerving. Sometimes, even if we feel that the change might be for the better, the unknown and different can still cause nervousness and unease.

Change is inevitable in all of our lives. Even though you currently feel uneasy with the impending changes in your company, take comfort in your many blessings—both in work and home life:

1) Your CEO obviously adores you to take time out of her busy schedule to give you compliments and a pep talk.

2) Your hard work and brilliance have gotten you multiple promotions and speaking engagements (along industry heavyweights) on an international platform.

3) And let’s not forget your awesome supportive husband who gets you “just because” gifts.

Continue to be amazing!! Continue to be you!!

Wow, Miss Dawn, what a wonderful birthday and anniversary celebration/haul. I don’t even know where to start. Mr Dawn did a great job picking out the beautiful ornate bracelet — it is very you. if I may say :smile:. I love love love the CC round coin purse — so cute, do you plan to use it for coins (vs alternate use)? The Gucci bag is so pretty— what a spectacular blue. And it matches your Gucci pump? How perfect. Gosh, everthing is just lovely. Enjoy all your new goodies.

What was dinner like at the Dorchester? What did you eat? It looks like such a grand place to dine —the epitome of fine dining. I love good food — and always enjoy hearing about it especially at places I have never been before.

And finally, just want to wish you well and hope you feel more settled at your job soon. Everthing will turn out fine (even if there are changes ahead).
Dearest Iamminda
Thank you for the compliments and for being lovely :hugs:
I will tell Mr Dawn that my friend Iamminda thinks he did well :biggrin:

I do like the charm bracelet very much and it was a complete surprise. For the CC coin purse, I plan to use it as a catch all for small items in my handbags (mints, hair ties, eye drops etc.)

And yes the bag and my ballerina pumps are a complete match. Here is a collage of them together.

The Dorchester is one of our favourite "special occasion" places. I had a yummy steak while Mr Dawn had the chicken. It's really lovely; the kind of place where you easily spend a couple of hours, before you've realised where the time has gone. And they brought me a little cupcake with a candle in it because Mr Dawn had said it's my birthday :blush:

I am starting to feel a bit more like myself at work again. Courage!

Attachments

• 0D031A86-555C-44D0-B73A-711E0F2DF08A.jpeg
    0D031A86-555C-44D0-B73A-711E0F2DF08A.jpeg
    190.2 KB · Views: 237
Hello Ms. Dawn,

First, I want to wish you a Happy Birthday and Anniversary [emoji512][emoji320][emoji257][emoji324][emoji515][emoji513][emoji255][emoji322]☘️[emoji322][emoji488]. As usual, Mr. Dawn is an expert gift-giver and should probably start his own husband school where he teaches classes on the finesse of gift-giving and the importance of being friendly to everyone. Also, Mr. Dawn should consider a special class on “just because” gifts—many people ignore this category that is very special and dear to my heart.

Second, I hope you feel more uplifted by the kindness and special care of your CEO. For most people, change is scary and unnerving. Sometimes, even if we feel that the change might be for the better, the unknown and different can still cause nervousness and unease.

Change is inevitable in all of our lives. Even though you currently feel uneasy with the impending changes in your company, take comfort in your many blessings—both in work and home life:

1) Your CEO obviously adores you to take time out of her busy schedule to give you compliments and a pep talk.

2) Your hard work and brilliance have gotten you multiple promotions and speaking engagements (along industry heavyweights) on an international platform.

3) And let’s not forget your awesome supportive husband who gets you “just because” gifts.

Continue to be amazing!! Continue to be you!!
Georgina this is an incredibly sweet message. Thank you :smooch:

First of all, Mr Dawn and Mr Georgina would have to teach the good husband class together. You definitely married a good 'un :girlsigh:

Second, it's an excellent thing that Mr Dawn didn't take your advice on "just because" presents because I would have cupboards full of pretty cups and mugs by now :lol:;):graucho:

And thirdly, thank you for the pep talk. It means a lot. :hugs: