Dawn's small but well-loved collection

@Miss_Dawn you have such beautiful gifts! So many pretties! I'm glad you had such a sweet birthday celebration and have more fun ahead. I was sad to hear of your feelings at work and agree with what the others said about how change can scare us all. I hope you'll find the changes lead to an even better atmosphere and just the right pace of progress at work and in your life.

I am impressed you can spend a day in those heels! They're beautiful, and I also think the ballet style is beautiful! They're more my speed! :giggle:

Dearest Iamminda
Thank you for the compliments and for being lovely :hugs:
I will tell Mr Dawn that my friend Iamminda thinks he did well :biggrin:

I do like the charm bracelet very much and it was a complete surprise. For the CC coin purse, I plan to use it as a catch all for small items in my handbags (mints, hair ties, eye drops etc.)

And yes the bag and my ballerina pumps are a complete match. Here is a collage of them together.

The Dorchester is one of our favourite "special occasion" places. I had a yummy steak while Mr Dawn had the chicken. It's really lovely; the kind of place where you easily spend a couple of hours, before you've realised where the time has gone. And they brought me a little cupcake with a candle in it because Mr Dawn had said it's my birthday :blush:

I am starting to feel a bit more like myself at work again. Courage!

Your shoes and new bag go perfectly together—such a pretty pairing, The Dorchester sounds like a real special place — glad you had a wonderful dinner there.

Thank you so much my dear friends. I have still been a bit unsettled, but the support really cheers me up :smooch:

Let's talk about fun stuff!

My birthday and anniversary have now been celebrated and I've taken pictures of everything as a bit of a photo diary.
Here are all my goodies together and then I'll post individual photos :biggrin:
Speechless! Happiest Congrats on ALL of your goodies & please tell Mr. Dawn that his fan club is growing by leaps & bounds on here. You are a lucky gal & well deserved w/ all of your hard work & killer accomplishments! The world is your oyster girl! (Hopefully you are familiar w/ that expression:lol::lol:;)) Happy Anniversary too:drinks::girlsigh:

@Miss_Dawn you have such beautiful gifts! So many pretties! I'm glad you had such a sweet birthday celebration and have more fun ahead. I was sad to hear of your feelings at work and agree with what the others said about how change can scare us all. I hope you'll find the changes lead to an even better atmosphere and just the right pace of progress at work and in your life.

I am impressed you can spend a day in those heels! They're beautiful, and I also think the ballet style is beautiful! They're more my speed! :giggle:
Thank you!!

I'm very grateful for the pep talks. It all started getting talked about a month ago, so I'm definitely getting used to the idea but there's still uncertainty about what will actually happen. I think I'm over-thinking it, and I do feel more back to equilibrium. Thank you for the good wishes :hugs:

As we were discussing on another thread, I actually only wear heels at the office. I keep lots of lovely pairs of heels in the office:
- tall purple Gucci heels
- mid heel beige Gucci heels
- tall navy Chanel heels
- mid heel tan Mulberry heels
- mid heel baby pink LK Bennett heels
- the new tall black Prada heels
- as well as three less well-known brands (white, dark blue and black stilettos)

So I have a small shoe section at the bottom of a large storage cabinet, and I don't need to carry shoes unless I want a particular pair on any day. And I wear ballerina pumps for commuting :biggrin:

Instead of making a new superbrand family collage, I'm adding a group picture of my previous bags, with the new Gucci having its own picture at the moment... It's too hard to work out how to make a symmetric collage for 33 superbrand bags (such an awkward number!)

It's such a pretty family :hbeat:

Attachments

• 48384E37-88A8-422A-9062-9C03B60D7A18.jpeg
    48384E37-88A8-422A-9062-9C03B60D7A18.jpeg
    337.8 KB · Views: 294
  • 35349F2D-044C-4BBB-A707-994E3856726D.jpeg
    35349F2D-044C-4BBB-A707-994E3856726D.jpeg
    294.5 KB · Views: 292
  • 5A42A37F-25B2-4D50-9097-F3B8D81B7515.jpeg
    5A42A37F-25B2-4D50-9097-F3B8D81B7515.jpeg
    197.9 KB · Views: 298
Instead of making a new superbrand family collage, I'm adding a group picture of my previous bags, with the new Gucci having its own picture at the moment... It's too hard to work out how to make a symmetric collage for 33 superbrand bags (such an awkward number!)

It's such a pretty family :hbeat:

It’s always fun to see your lovely collection. I forgot about some of these beauties (such as the red one next to your red Gucci Marmont). I agree that 33 is a hard number to work with for symmetry purposes. You may have to go up to 36 to make it easier to create a new collage (lol).

It’s always fun to see your lovely collection. I forgot about some of these beauties (such as the red one next to your red Gucci Marmont). I agree that 33 is a hard number to work with for symmetry purposes. You may have to go up to 36 to make it easier to create a new collage (lol).
Hahaha :lol:
You are a terrible enabler sweetie. Of course, you're absolutely right that 36 is a much easier number to work with for collage making purposes :angel:

ETA. Ps. The red one next to the Marmont is a Burberry. I find its shape isn't in fashion so I don't find occasions to use it, but I think it's too pretty and robust (such a hard wearing leather) to give away. I think I'll have to find an occasion to wear it soon. Here is the full picture of it.

Attachments

• 3C96D60F-A1B0-4BCE-B9C4-B4FEEFBF764D.jpeg
    3C96D60F-A1B0-4BCE-B9C4-B4FEEFBF764D.jpeg
    302.3 KB · Views: 273
Last edited:
Hahaha :lol:
You are a terrible enabler sweetie. Of course, you're absolutely right that 36 is a much easier number to work with for collage making purposes :angel:

ETA. Ps. The red one next to the Marmont is a Burberry. I find its shape isn't in fashion so I don't find occasions to use it, but I think it's too pretty and robust (such a hard wearing leather) to give away. I think I'll have to find an occasion to wear it soon. Here is the full picture of it.

I actually like this red Burberry a lot, lol, since I love hobos/shoulder bags like that. This is kinda the same shape as the LV Artsy. Very pretty and I bet the leather is so durable and top notch.

It's Saturday and I have spent the whole day reorganising my bag and accessories cupboard.

I've decided to let go of a lot of items, and my collection is now definitely looking nicer and more curated.

I should add that I don't have a mind-blowingly impressive collection like most of you lovely TPFers, but I have a few pieces that I love, so I thought I would start a thread to share.

So without further ado, introducing my revamped cupboard. I'll post individual pictures and stories as I go along but for now, I'll show you how the whole cupboard looks.

Thanks for letting me share x
I love that yellow bag! So pretty :smile:

Reactions: Miss_Dawn
A small present from Mr Dawn last week which I forgot to update about on my bag thread :biggrin: I’ve been wanting to buy a LV mono strap for my pochette accessoires for a while but it’s always sold out!

So I made it Mr Dawn's mission to find me one. It took him a week and trips to 4 LV stores around London but he tracked down a perfect piece. It has a detachable shoulder pad and it's adjustable too. Looks great with my PA :smartass:

Attachments

• 34482698-B13C-4D56-A3D8-5151FA81E2E4.jpeg
    34482698-B13C-4D56-A3D8-5151FA81E2E4.jpeg
    292.9 KB · Views: 197
  • 6322B0EF-9E64-4BD4-8D40-DB8ADF0E002F.jpeg
    6322B0EF-9E64-4BD4-8D40-DB8ADF0E002F.jpeg
    267 KB · Views: 200
  • 2CCBE96F-186B-4929-849D-1B266C99B89C.jpeg
    2CCBE96F-186B-4929-849D-1B266C99B89C.jpeg
    178.6 KB · Views: 199
A small present from Mr Dawn last week which I forgot to update about on my bag thread :biggrin: I’ve been wanting to buy a LV mono strap for my pochette accessoires for a while but it’s always sold out!

So I made it Mr Dawn's mission to find me one. It took him a week and trips to 4 LV stores around London but he tracked down a perfect piece. It has a detachable shoulder pad and it's adjustable too. Looks great with my PA :smartass:

Your PA looks really good with this strap. Good job Mr Dawn for tracking one down — what a sweet DH.

I agree with Iamminda; your husband is so sweet to track this down for you! What a fun surprise to finally have it! It does look great and turns your pochette into a little purse. The shape is lovely. I have a small bag in a similar shape that I like to attach a little chain strap to. Your matching strap makes it look like it was made for your bag!

Your PA looks really good with this strap. Good job Mr Dawn for tracking one down — what a sweet DH.

I agree with Iamminda; your husband is so sweet to track this down for you! What a fun surprise to finally have it! It does look great and turns your pochette into a little purse. The shape is lovely. I have a small bag in a similar shape that I like to attach a little chain strap to. Your matching strap makes it look like it was made for your bag!

Thank you both very much :hugs:
And thank you for the Mr Dawn compliments :biggrin:
The new strap for the PA is really useful!