Date Code Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

CeCee

Jan 9, 2007
Hi I am new - I understand (at least I think I do :confused1: ) that the last number of your date could would be the year of manufacture??
If so, I have a question....if you purchase a brand new LV in 2006, it is likely that you would get a 2006 date code?? I bought one in late 2006, but the last number on the date code is 5...(2005?), and it came from a LV store.
Should I be concerned?

Thanks!

No, you shouldn't be concerned at all. Some of my items that I bought in 2006 had a 2005 date code, meaning that the item wasn't as popular and wasn't sold.

As for deciphering... let's use the date code "SD1026".

SD: Where it was made, in this case, San Dimas, CA
First and third number, 1 and 2= December
Second and fourth number, 0 and 6= 2006

Thank you so much for your quick reply. I am soooo relieved.
The only other thing that bothered me was that the patina looked a little darker than what I see on some of the newer ones..

You're welcome!!!

...and soo sorry.. I was upset too when I purchased my Panda Cles, it had some patina on it... then when I went back to the boutique the next month, they had received 2 more with NO patina at all... :crybaby:

I need help with the date code on my LV Multicolore Rift. I can't read it very well! I purchased it in November 2006 at Neiman Marcus. It starts with TH and ends with 7S or 75, and the middle numbers I can't make out at all. I've tried different lighting. Any ideas?

I need help with the date code on my LV Multicolore Rift. I can't read it very well! I purchased it in November 2006 at Neiman Marcus. It starts with TH and ends with 7S or 75, and the middle numbers I can't make out at all. I've tried different lighting. Any ideas?

Do you have a small flashlight that you can shine in there?

Perhaps TH0075 meaning:

TH- made in France
First and third number, 0 and 7- July
Second and fourth number, 0 and 5- 2005

So it was made in France in July of 2005.

Try using a flashlight to see it better? :idea:

No, you shouldn't be concerned at all. Some of my items that I bought in 2006 had a 2005 date code, meaning that the item wasn't as popular and wasn't sold.

As for deciphering... let's use the date code "SD1026".

SD: Where it was made, in this case, San Dimas, CA
First and third number, 1 and 2= December
Second and fourth number, 0 and 6= 2006

It does happen, old stock.

I am new to the LV thing..I just baught a mono speedy 25..will that have a date coded in it too? and if so, where? Thanks for the help. :smile:

Check behind the patch pocket on the leather tab:

b52e_1.JPG

actually I just saw under the inside pocket SD0096 on the vahetta. Is that the date code? and does that mean it was made in 1996?

SD- made in U.S.A
First and third number, 0 and 9, the month it was made: September
Second and fourth number, 0 and 6, the year it was made: '06

So your Speedy was made in U.S.A. in September of '06.

Status
Not open for further replies.