Dancing With the Stars

I couldn't stand Brooke- something about her just annoyed me. I never found her interesting or funny.

I used to love watching DWTS, but I feel like as it gained in popularity, it kind of deviated from the original intentions of the show. They would cast celebs that had previous dance experience (Zendaya comes to mind), so what's exciting about seeing someone succeed when they already have had professional training in the past?

I heard a rumour that the gold medal winning ice dancers Meryl Davis and Charlie White will be on. I can just imagine the uproar that will cause, especially if Derek gets her! He choreographed their Olympic short program.

I heard a rumour that the gold medal winning ice dancers Meryl Davis and Charlie White will be on. I can just imagine the uproar that will cause, especially if Derek gets her! He choreographed their Olympic short program.

I don't know them but I agree it would case an uproar if Derek gets another ringer! lol I don't think he'll ever live down getting Nicole. He's DWTS spoiled little golden boy but I enjoyed him with Amber last season. If we're stuck with him again I hope he has a partner with potential but not one that will grab things too easily.

I don't know them but I agree it would case an uproar if Derek gets another ringer! lol I don't think he'll ever live down getting Nicole. He's DWTS spoiled little golden boy but I enjoyed him with Amber last season. If we're stuck with him again I hope he has a partner with potential but not one that will grab things too easily.

:giggles:

I just read that Derek is now in and Tristan is out, maybe he was still negotiating. ;)

I'd rather have Tristan but oh well. :P

Oh, I so agree with you. I think Tristan is one of the really *good* guys on this planet. He blew me away even further this season with his sensitivity with Valorie Harper. He's had challenging partners and has handled them (and the situations) beautifully. I was hoping he'd be given a potentially winner of a contestant this year, and it makes me sad to hear he's not even going to be on the show. :cry:

Oh, I so agree with you. I think Tristan is one of the really *good* guys on this planet. He blew me away even further this season with his sensitivity with Valorie Harper. He's had challenging partners and has handled them (and the situations) beautifully. I was hoping he'd be given a potentially winner of a contestant this year, and it makes me sad to hear he's not even going to be on the show. :cry:

I assume he'll still be dancing with the troupe?

Speaking of the above couple, I just googled Valorie to see if there was an update on her cancer diagnosis, and it seems that she is "close to remission," according to her doctor. She was supposed to "have" until last January (I took that as a year ago's January).

Then I found this. Look at how Tristan looks at her. I remembered seeing tears rolling down his cheeks last season when he was listening to her talk and watching her take everything like a champ, and it seemed he was moved to tears by her spirit. LOVE that guy! Anyway, here they were on the last show:

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20761455,00.html

I guess so. He just so deserved a good dancing partner, and I find myself whining away that he's not going to be one of the Pros.

And as a friend and I were discussing, even if he were one of the pros he would likely be given someone that he'll be good with but that doesn't really stand a chance and would not be there long. Derek and Mark many times over get the dancers with winning potential, so much favoritism goes on with the pros!

Glad to hear Valerie is doing well! Tristan is such a sweetheart.

I thought Nicole requested him. Meryl was quoted that she wanted to dance with Derek if she agreed to do the show via People Magazine or US Weekly.

I thought Nicole requested him. Meryl was quoted that she wanted to dance with Derek if she agreed to do the show via People Magazine or US Weekly.

She may have requested him, I just mean that in the history of DWTS she was the biggest ringer of all of them, she danced better than some of the pros. So it was an easy win. :P Kind of like when Kristi Yamaguchi stepped out to her first dance, you knew right then and there she would win it all, no one else stood a chance, Mark had it made. Derek doesn't need another ringer, he's had his share. He's more likable when he has to work at it, IMHO.