Damier Lovers: Would you like it if..it weren't LV

In all honesty, i wouldn't. I LOVE DAMIER and believe lv is quality and everything, but one of the reasons i buy designer things is for the designer name. I wouldn't 600+ US$ for a checkerboard no name bag. Now if were 60 US$ thats another story. JMO

I love the Damier print (when I first fell in love with LV id didn't, but now I love it soooo much!)... If it was not LV, still good quality and less $$$ I would have to think about it... It would look like a racing bag... and it would look very masculine... So, I am not sure with out the little Louis Vuitton squares, too manly I think so probably not! Sorry, I know I am the only one so far!

If it was the Azur then yes!

umm.. I'm pretty honest lol so I'd say NO! I LoVe LV for LV and if the bag were not LV, then it would NOT GIVE ME THE SAME LEVEL OF SELF-SATISFACTION! Eg. I like Damier Azur and I'm looking into the Suhali collection because I'm starting to orient myself toward understated bags. However, knowing that they are indeed made by LV makes me more happy. Thus I love the brand Louis Vuitton, and it has nothing to do with its labels being monogrammed everywhere....(i dunno if this makes sense...lol)

The only reason I have any LV is due to my love of the Damier....the checkers does it for me...

So even if it wasnt LV, I would have gotten it...but the price of it would not make as much sense to me if it didnt come from such a long history based fashion house......

I do love that it is LV.....I wish though that they would stop putting the logos everywhere....even in the square of the checkers..ughhhhhh annoying!!!!!!

umm.. I'm pretty honest lol so I'd say NO! I LoVe LV for LV and if the bag were not LV, then it would NOT GIVE ME THE SAME LEVEL OF SELF-SATISFACTION! Eg. I like Damier Azur and I'm looking into the Suhali collection because I'm starting to orient myself toward understated bags. However, knowing that they are indeed made by LV makes me more happy. Thus I love the brand Louis Vuitton, and it has nothing to do with its labels being monogrammed everywhere....(i dunno if this makes sense...lol)

I was just asking myself this question a few days ago. When damier azur first came out, i didnt like it:yucky:. But it grew to the point now that i'm crazy about but a few days ago i did stop and ask myself if id still like it not for the lv name. I think probably not. I have to agree with ^ in that it would not give me the same luxurious feel of being pampered and satisfaction w/ the overall bag. I like the LV monogram but i think its too showy at times, thats why i like the damier. I dont like to draw attention to myself so This way I can feel the "high" and satisfaction of carrying a designer item and still remain low-key as most people wouldnt have a clue that its even LV. :wlae: *mutters* And some people say people only go for designer items/cars included to show off. :Push:

That's precisely why I like the Damier, because it doesn't have LV all over it so yes, if it weren't LV and another company with excellent craftsmanship had thought of it and someone brought it to my attention, I would DEFINITELY get it.

This is why I like the Epi, Nomade, and Damier lines. They're understated and classic.

^^^ITA!! Thats the whole point of carrying a damier piece, so only those who really know the brand know what it is! I love that!:yes: