Damier Ebene in the rain

I know what you mean. This may sound crazy to some but I actually have a raincoat for my bags just in case - particularly when I travel to London & Rome with worst downpours I've encountered. I don't think you need this for your DE as it should be pretty weatherproof on its own but in case it gets realllllly bad you can pull this out to protect your baby. :love:

https://www.containerstore.com/s/cl...orage/handbag-raincoat/12d?productId=11003512

Sahhhh cuteeee! I imagine these would be perfect for Hermes Kelly's and delicate Chanel lambskins.

This was before I ever even considered having to take care of my lv bags (6 years ago and only 2 lvs in) I went to San Francisco and naively brought my DE Bloomsbury with me since it’s a good sized hands free bag. It rained the whole time I was there! The bag was perfectly fine except for some colour transfer from my wet jeans (I was able to clean it all off with a Lysol wipe, I know it’s a no no but I didn’t know better back then!)

Bring your Siena and enjoy your trip!

I live in Ireland. Rains ALL the time. I love my Damier bags. And leather ones. The only ones I don't use in the rain here are any with vachetta, but that's just me - I know loads of people that do use them in the rain.

Enjoy your bag!!

Damier Ebene is perfect with the rain em since the leather use are treated. I now notice the leather used for men monogram Macassar does not go well with water. :/
Yeah I wish the Macassar leather line was treated too. I have a Keepall, it doesnt get soaked of course but compared to DE it's doesn't roll right off in the rain either.

I never wear any LV handbag in the rain. I consider LV handbags "luxury" handbags and would not risk damaging them in any way. I wouldn't want the water to reach inside the bag or possibly warp the canvas. I baby my LV's. I like them to look as new as possible.

Reactions: orangefeast
This was before I ever even considered having to take care of my lv bags (6 years ago and only 2 lvs in) I went to San Francisco and naively brought my DE Bloomsbury with me since it’s a good sized hands free bag. It rained the whole time I was there! The bag was perfectly fine except for some colour transfer from my wet jeans (I was able to clean it all off with a Lysol wipe, I know it’s a no no but I didn’t know better back then!)

Bring your Siena and enjoy your trip!

Thank you so much, MissJess! I really appreciate all the reassurance! It’s been raining every day, but Siena is still looking good!
I would have done the same re: color transfer/Lysol wipe - I’m glad it worked out for you!

Reactions: MissJess818
I live in Ireland. Rains ALL the time. I love my Damier bags. And leather ones. The only ones I don't use in the rain here are any with vachetta, but that's just me - I know loads of people that do use them in the rain.

Enjoy your bag!!

Thank you, Kathleen! You’re right, it does rain all the time in Ireland, but the rain definitely makes for gorgeous greenery! I’ve been twice, and it’s a spectacular country!

Reactions: Kathleen37
I never wear any LV handbag in the rain. I consider LV handbags "luxury" handbags and would not risk damaging them in any way. I wouldn't want the water to reach inside the bag or possibly warp the canvas. I baby my LV's. I like them to look as new as possible.

Very valid point, LV. If I were home and saw rain the forecast, I definitely wouldn’t be taking one of my higher end bags out... I go back and forth between babying them, and feeling like “you might as well enjoy what you have while you’re here!”

:lol: When I saw this thread title for some reason I thought I was going to see artsy pictures of your bag braving the rain. Now that I see you went on a rainy trip I feel that I really need to see some “Damier Ebene in the rain”.

Reactions: nycgirl79
:lol: When I saw this thread title for some reason I thought I was going to see artsy pictures of your bag braving the rain. Now that I see you went on a rainy trip I feel that I really need to see some “Damier Ebene in the rain”.

Sadly I don’t have an artistic bone in my body, otherwise I’d take some pictures of my Siena dripping for you. It rained all week in Paris, and now London seems to be no better!

Reactions: LemonDrop
I got caught in an absolute deluge last summer, it chucked it down and I was walking home in the pouring rain for about 20 mins. I had my DE Alma bb with me and was convinced I had nothing to worry about. When I got home though and took my keys out of my bag, I found my contents to be quite wet and the bag quite soaked. the rain seeped in around the zip part and where the leather and canvas joins. I also found the leather parts swelling from getting wet. I had to leave the bag to dry out for a few days. There's a slight water mark on the interior of the bag (if you look closely), and also a slight water mark on the leather at the base of the bag. Doesn't bother me, but I am more aware that the bag is not immune to some water damage if the rain is hard enough. But I cannot stress enough that this was a complete downpour!
I took the bag to London last week and it rained a lot, but I wasn't too worried as I wasn't out in it for too long. The canvas parts of the bag are fine though.

I got caught in an absolute deluge last summer, it chucked it down and I was walking home in the pouring rain for about 20 mins. I had my DE Alma bb with me and was convinced I had nothing to worry about. When I got home though and took my keys out of my bag, I found my contents to be quite wet and the bag quite soaked. the rain seeped in around the zip part and where the leather and canvas joins. I also found the leather parts swelling from getting wet. I had to leave the bag to dry out for a few days. There's a slight water mark on the interior of the bag (if you look closely), and also a slight water mark on the leather at the base of the bag. Doesn't bother me, but I am more aware that the bag is not immune to some water damage if the rain is hard enough. But I cannot stress enough that this was a complete downpour!
I took the bag to London last week and it rained a lot, but I wasn't too worried as I wasn't out in it for too long. The canvas parts of the bag are fine though.

Yikes! I’m sorry about the water damage to your Alma!
Thank you for sharing...if the rain gets out of hand, I’ll def try to get indoors, or, worst case scenario, stick my Siena in a plastic bag!

Last edited: