Dakota Fanning Refuses To Shave Her Head

She is just a child and we can't expect a child to have the foresight an adult would have about her career and her art. She is still growing into herself and learning to have confidence, etc.

All she knows is she doesn't want a shaved head.

Demi Moore, Natalie Portman, etc. were all mature, confident, established women when they took on roles that required shaved heads.

She is just a child and we can't expect a child to have the foresight an adult would have about her career and her art. She is still growing into herself and learning to have confidence, etc.

All she knows is she doesn't want a shaved head.

Demi Moore, Natalie Portman, etc. were all mature, confident, established women when they took on roles that required shaved heads.

I agree.:yes:

I can understand why she wouldn't want to... but did they make this known to her before casting?

At her age, I probably would have done the same... but now? I wouldn't care... I would def shave my head for a role. I am not attached to hair... it'll grow back eventually.

My Sister's Keeper is a great book... I'm actually glad Abigail Breslin is taking on the role instead... she's a fine young actress, and I never cared much for Dakota. No offense, just not a fan of hers.

Actors that are successful get into their character and those that really get into their characters are very dedicated actors and very believable, IMO. Regardless of age, I think it's always best to give the role to someone else who's willing to play the character all the way. :yes:

Oh please..she's so young, there is absolutely NO reason for her to shave her head if she doesn't want to. She doesn't want to be BALD and some of you are saying she isn't as dedicated?? I don't think so.