Dachshunds....

Here are my two;

mollyamy.jpg

Molly (black and tan) is Mum and Amy (red, although she's nearly white now!) is the daughter.

Both are real burrowers, although Molly, is also a real climber. Seriously, like a mountain goat. She has to be watched constantly when we're out and about as she tends to head off and start climbing, especially up rockfaces!! Mind you, she's not as bad as a doxie on here who likes climbing trees!! Amy on the hand doesn't like heights at all!

K
x

My sweet Bessie loves to burrow - she sleeps by my left side every night all cuddled up to me under the covers. :P She goes to bed around 7:30pm and when I get there, she crawls up to me under the covers and suggles in with a big sigh.

The warmest softest little bed-buddy ever! :heart:

My sweet Bessie loves to burrow - she sleeps by my left side every night all cuddled up to me under the covers. :P She goes to bed around 7:30pm and when I get there, she crawls up to me under the covers and suggles in with a big sigh.

The warmest softest little bed-buddy ever! :heart:

Awwww!!!! :smile: Dachshunds rock!

I just read this post and my older one (Nik) was making her way towards my feet. She's slowly going blind but that doesn't deter her from finding the most comfy spot on the bed.

Yea! The doxie thread. I love mine so much. I miss them when I go on biz travel and I have to take pics with me so I can look at them when I am gone. Millie, the black one, has taken to being a big snuggle bug, she has to be up against me all night, if I move, she follows. Too sweet.

I have a doxie that lives with my dad and he loves to burry under sheets thats where he sleeps. He has a doggie bed with a sheet under and when he goes to sleep he goes right under the sheet and leaves the tip of his nose out hahaha

I have a miniature wirehaired Dachshund named Hannibal. He looooves to crawl under the sheets. I always have to be careful when I get into bed, because once I almost lay down on top of him. He likes to snuggle up to me.

Attachments

• Taschen&Co 014.jpg
    Taschen&Co 014.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 84
It's common for our dachshund to burrow. He especially likes getting into just-washed laundry, and he REALLY likes to burrow into a just-made bed. I always have to yell "No!" at him when he's trying to mess up the bed.

Not only does he like to burrow and hide himself--he also likes to burrow and hide little pieces of bone and food, etc. He has some annoying habits, like taking his food from his plate and then putting it on the floor before eating it.

He likes to snuggle, also, but moreso with my BF than he does with me. That's probably because he moves around so much before getting settled that I get annoyed and just try to scoot him over away from my side. I can't take a lot of movement when I'm trying to sleep.

And he has tons of other weird habits, too...but that's a crazy dog for you!

ahh our dacs Lottie likes to hide her biscuits in her bed, BUT she has a very very naughty habit, of eating her bed, the whole time.

She doesnt like any kind of change, if somebody comes to visit, off she goes to eat her bed, and it is turned to fluff and it looks like it is snowing in our kitchen until they leave, its just such an odd thing, and we just cannot stop her doing it!! I have had to now buy her one of those solid plastic dog beds and just pop a towel in it, but she still shreds the towel :biggrin:

I love her tho, temperament wise she is outstanding, just very very quirky lol :biggrin:

piccies here for ya!

DSC00042.jpg

f06c9d4a.jpg

DSC01522.jpg

OMG! I love your pics!

My Bessie is a total bed destroyer too! I can't tell you how many sheets and duvet covers she has put holes into. She also chews the blankets we put in her dog bed and in the car kennel.

And I totally know what you mean about the fluff - Bessie loves to rip open her stuffed dolls and pull the stuffing out.

Bessie also loves to burrow into a fresh pile of laundry straight out of the dryer - nice and warm, I guess! She also loves to stretch out wherever the sun is shining in the house - stairs, under window, on the back porch step...

It's good to know that my dachs isn't the only one to rip apart his bed and toys. I have stopped buying him stuffed toys, because after some minutes the whole room will be full of fluff. He also likes to chew off little bits of his plastic toys...:Push:

I love doxies! They're so cute. I don't have any but my friend does (long haired) and his name is Brinkley. Brinkley had a birthday party last weekend and had his other doxie friends (short haired and mini) come and play for his birthday party! It was soooo cute!

Aha! Another two bed destroyers here!! Isn't it funny what you get used to? I hadn't even thought to mention it! But absolutely the same here, with the digging, tearing and generally ripping stuff up!!

The best thing in the world (apart of course from food - they are the worst dogs for scavenging, they would both eat till they were sick if they got the chance...) is those squeaky dog toys, but, they can't have them as they tear them apart in seconds.

Actually, the only things that they can have, is the kong toys, but they only last a few weeks before they have to be binned and they get new ones. I've never know such chewy dogs!!

Ahh, everyone pup's are just glorious!

I do love my puppies!!!

K
x

Here are my two;

mollyamy.jpg

Molly (black and tan) is Mum and Amy (red, although she's nearly white now!) is the daughter.

Both are real burrowers, although Molly, is also a real climber. Seriously, like a mountain goat. She has to be watched constantly when we're out and about as she tends to head off and start climbing, especially up rockfaces!! Mind you, she's not as bad as a doxie on here who likes climbing trees!! Amy on the hand doesn't like heights at all!

K
x

Oh.....MY.....GAWD......That is TOO cute!!!! What sweeties!!!!!