D&B at Target, Anybody Else See This?

It would be GREAT in one way for Coach to be sold at Target, but then Coach would loose it's special charm of being a brand that is only available for purchase in it's boutiques and high end shops. Same with Dooney and Bourke.

I think they should at least be in a glass case. I've seen kids with sticky fingers running rampant at my Target, and the idea of them getting gunk all over designer bags makes me sad.

I feel bad saying that it "cheapens the brand" to have them sold at Target, but I really feel like it does. I don't want somebody to come up to be and be like, "Oh, I saw your purse at Target last week! How much did it cost??"

Hmm... is this a good business move? Maybe they're getting desperate to keep sales climbing. Coach, after all, only fairly recently rehabilitated themselves after a huge slump in popularity.

I don't like this news. I can't imagine coach or dooney bags just hanging off a rack to be manhandled by everyone. I'm old and I can recall plenty of "cool" brands in the 90's that went target (bum equipment, mossimo, and a lot of others) and their images chepened or were discontinued as a result. It sounds shallow but I refuse to spend 300 plus on a coach that is sold at target!

^^I agree. I wouldn't want to pick up a $300 bag at the same store, I'm buying toilet paper at. Maybe Coach is doing an extension line and selling cheaper merchandise at Target, kind of like Luela did?

Yes, i have seen very few D&B and Coach bags at my local TJMAxx/Marshalls but then again, they are smaller stores around me. It just seems to be more normal to sell them at the designer discount stores (TJMaxx) than Target, but that is just my opinion.

i dont care if dooney is sold at target i dont like there bags anymore but i would be upset if coach is sold at target, coach is better than that!

Ditto. :sad: If this is true I will be totally crushed. Not to mention (like other posters) i hope they at least keep them locked away from dirt hands/fingers/and laying all over the floor.

aw. I dont like this for some reason. I like the clothing designers creating fashions ...that arent their runway more expensive ones for target.....but not just straight selling their brands in this store... I dont know why....... I just dont like it for some reason....but then again....I have had half a bottle of wine........I may like the idea tomorrow=)