Crystal GG Fabric - Hot or Not?

Hi Cherubs,

I just ordered by phone from the Virginia Gucci boutique the same Babouska small dome bag in gg crystal and they're gonna ship that bag to me directly from the Hawaii Gucci because they're practically sold out on that one. It's a final-sale item so I sure hope I ordered the right bag. I'm paying $719 plus $10 for shipping plus tax, and the original price was $1195. I'm attaching a few photos of that bag that I found on other websites. They told me they won't be shipping the bag out to me until Dec 1, when the sale offically begins, and then it takes up to 14 business days. This is the one you got from Santana Row, right? Is it roomy inside? Is it around 13 inches wide, 7 inches tall, and 4 inches deep? Thanks for any help you can give me. And definitely a big THANK YOU for inspiring me to get the dome bag! Please update us with pics and how you like the bag once you pick it up after Dec 1.

DSCN6361.jpg

TMLH2HBFDPK44.jpg

PDLWFRWMDBFJ1.jpg

KellyCat,

That is the correct bag. Same sale price too! Wait until you see it in person. It is gorgeous and very classy. It is very roomy. I'm not sure about the measurements though.

I like the Crystal fabric and have 2 bags by this fabric.. it's more practical for me.. especially when the bag comes in contact with water :tup: .. easier to clean and less to worry about.. compared to the normal fabric where it gets worn out easier than plastic too ... I guess one man's honey is another man's poison..:graucho:

I like the Crystal fabric and have 2 bags by this fabric.. it's more practical for me.. especially when the bag comes in contact with water :tup: .. easier to clean and less to worry about.. compared to the normal fabric where it gets worn out easier than plastic too ... I guess one man's honey is another man's poison..:graucho:
I do like this fabric as well...for me it's more practical as I don't have to baby it as much.

Hi Cherubs,

I just ordered by phone from the Virginia Gucci boutique the same Babouska small dome bag in gg crystal and they're gonna ship that bag to me directly from the Hawaii Gucci because they're practically sold out on that one. It's a final-sale item so I sure hope I ordered the right bag. I'm paying $719 plus $10 for shipping plus tax, and the original price was $1195. I'm attaching a few photos of that bag that I found on other websites. They told me they won't be shipping the bag out to me until Dec 1, when the sale offically begins, and then it takes up to 14 business days. This is the one you got from Santana Row, right? Is it roomy inside? Is it around 13 inches wide, 7 inches tall, and 4 inches deep? Thanks for any help you can give me. And definitely a big THANK YOU for inspiring me to get the dome bag! Please update us with pics and how you like the bag once you pick it up after Dec 1.

View attachment 600095

View attachment 600096

View attachment 600097

VERY NICE!!!:tup:

I returned the gg crystal shoulder bag (ordered from gucci.com) to the Gucci store in Chevy Chase, Maryland, Saturday and couldn't resist the tempation to do a little "pre-sale" shopping there. Because I had just ordered pre-sale the Babouska small dome gg crystal, I didn't want to go totally nuts and get another bag just cuz it was 40% off, so I allowed myself to get only a continental wallet, one that I had always had my eyes on but didn't feel like forking out close to 5 big ones. Well, I forked out only about half that much after the discount, so I considered it a good day. Except that I went kinda nuts after that transaction and drove to the Virginia Gucci store (30 minutes away or so) to see what they might have there. It was a good thing I went there because they had more stuff--and different stuff. I wound up buying a small D-ring gg canvas hobo for my mom. It's a sandy gg canvas bag with metallic light-gold leather trim. I am soooo glad that I found this website and I found out that Gucci has these amazing sales each June and December; otherwise I would've assumed Gucci stores never went on sale, like Vuitton. Now I just have to be good and resolve NOT to buy anything else when I return to the two different Gucci stores after Dec 1 to pick up the pre-sale items.

Last edited:
Hi KellyCat,
When I purchased the Babouska small dome gg crystal at the presale event, I also purchased the smaill D-ring gg canvas in gold trim as well. Can't wait to get them.

Hi Cherubs,

That is so neat! We clearly have discerning taste. Besides, we can't pass up a surely great deal, can we? LOL! Be sure to post pics of you modeling your new bags when you get them!

Cherubs,

My Gucci SA just told me that I can go pick up the items I bought on presale as early as this Friday and I won't have to wait till December 1. Gucci has just decided to move up the date. Call your Gucci store to be absolutely sure before rushing to the store Friday morning.

By the way, I just found out that the small d-gold hobo you and I bought was made exclusively for the Hawaii Gucci store and you won't even find it at Gucci.com.

gold D-ring.jpg

Also, for those on this forum who didn't get the email from Gucci with the link to the online presale site, here it is:

http://www.gucci.com/us/us-english/us/reserve.asp

Knock yourselves out!

And happy Thanksgiving to all!

hi!

i need help with my Gucci bag. it got stained. But i don't knw how my bag got it. I think it's from the handles, dye? i can't seem to get rid of the ugly stains (red orange). help! i have a gucci crystal mix tote bag. i thought that crystal GG is low maintenance since its looks water-resistant. NOT!

did any of you experience this??? help pls!