Crystal GG Fabric - Hot or Not?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi Everyone:

I am a Gucci fan - have ventured into LV recently, but am being drawn back in by Gucci with their Hysteria line. I was just in the Gucci boutique today and looked at the Crystall GG fabric large square hysteria bag and the clutch (which is huge btw).

I like the idea of the crystal, but also am torn about it because I can't decide if it looks cheap or fakey?

I am sitting on the fence, so need some guidance..

What do you guys think about the Crystal GG fabric on the Hysterias...
    hot or not to so hot?

2. I like the crystal fabric on certain bags, mostly the smaller ones. I think it might be a bit too much on the really large bags though.

3. i have a smaller crystal bag and i love it....as to whether other people think it's fake or not WHO CARES lol....if they dont know enough about gucci and what type of fabrics are out now, i could care less if they think my bag is fake! I KNOW and fellow gucci lovers will know ;) thats all that matters

4. Now, that's the spirit! Which one did you get?
    I am drooling over the hysteria clutch - not the tiny one, the larger one...it's really like a medium purse - lol. Comparing it to my LV Kate Cllutch, it's large.
    I think I might snag it.

How is the Crystal holding up for you?

5. OOH, that one is nice! haha, I might!

6. I have the gold joy boston bag with the crystal GG fabric, and it looks great! I was also concerned how it would like, but when I saw it at the boutique, I had to have it. I get so many compliments when I use it, so try it on and see if you like it.

7. I love the Crystal fabric but not on the Hysteria.....

8. i have one of the first ones that came out in that fabric and i have no idea what it's called but it is the monogram crystal and has these super cute bows on it! :smile:

9. OOOH, can you post a pic? It probably is part of the hysteria collection - those have bows,...but maybe not?

10. Not for me

11. I can't decide if I like it either. I think I do... but then I don't know haha. I like the way it looks on gucci . com but I've never seen one in real life so I don't know how shiney it is or anything or what it feels like.

12. Haha, okay...I have seen it 2x in person now by going to the boutique over the last 2 months. I usually think about a bag for a long time and if it keeps bugging me - I usually get it.

The crystal was there the first time I saw it and my initial reaction was that I did not like it..and my friend said she loved it immediately. So, I touched it and felt it and tried it on.

I was not that impressed the first time...BUT, then I went back to look at something else - and then looked at the crystal again - in hysteria.

I actually liked it in the Hysteria clutch - you know that is a huge clutch/wristlet
    Anyway...I also tried on the large top handle hysteria tote the really big one - and was a lilttle more impressed by it this time.

I love big bags and this one is huge...and the crystal is polyutherane according to the SA. I have to say that I started thinking about the many uses of this bag - she thinks it's a day bag...I think I can make it work at any time..
    but, it can get wet and may serve well as a throw around bag for when you have to worry about the bag, but still want to wear a nice one...

I pictured myself with it while wearing jeans or shorts or in my Orlando mini vacation next weekend - and I keep thinking about these two more and more...

am I crazy? I would get both the clutch and the large hysteria...in the crystal...I think I can find some good uses for them...

Maybe I should get the clutch in crystal and the large hysteria in some other guccisima brown leather - that may make more sense..

I wish they would offer it in pink guccissima leather - that would be hot!

13. I think it is not too bad esp since it is more water-resistant than the normal GG fabric.

14. I think the crystal GG fabric is gorgeous - especially on the Hysteria collection! When I saw it at the boutique, I thought it looked rich and not fake or cheap at all. I still want the Hysteria shoulder bag in the crystal GG fabric. It looked so pretty on the website but unfortunately it was sold out at the boutique.