CRUSHED after a botched rhinoplasty at GNG

I have been trying to warn members about GNG after my consultation experience and after Mia reported her bad rhino there. It is very brave when a patient does share their negative experience with photos.

As for who is better at Asian rhinos, I would say in general Korean plastic surgeons like Dr Seo at MVP for primary rhinos is amazing and for tip rhino and revision rhino Dr Jan Stanek of Wimpole Street in the UK. Dr Stanek did my tip rhino almost 20 years ago when my natural korean nose was wide, flat, shapeless and droopy. He did an amazing job adding height and beauty without any implant. Dr Donald Yoo in California seems popular too for Asian rhinos.
Hi, I’m sorry for replying to an older comment, but how did you raise your tip without an implant? Thank you!

It looks like from her previous posts that she went with Dr. Hong.
I also did my revision rhinoplasty at GNG about 5 years ago and super happy with my results. I don't remember clearly the doctor name but I'm sure it wasn't Dr. Hong since I didn't like his style of nose.
I think choosing the right doctor is everything..not the clinic or hospital. The rest is also luck...I would still recommend GNG if anyone asks me, just not with Dr. Hong if you want a drastic change

Reactions: pumpkinsoup
Hello. First of all, I want to give thanks to all you fellow pfers for all your detailed reviews and updates. I have been on purseforum for years and years, but only started to get more active these past two years or so. I always promised I would give back as much as I received from this community, so here I am. I really wanted to wait to write my review because I really wanted it to be based on the actual result rather than my recovery. I was really eager to write this beforehand, but i wanted to be 100% before putting anything on the internet.

And i am deeply saddened to say, it is not gonna be good.

Surgery plan:
Bridge augmentation
Tip + alar plasty
Osteotomy + septoplasty

Clinic:
GNG Hospital

I consulted with many places but in the end i chose GNG for two reasons, 1. nasal obstruction correction, and 2. Because they are a so called hospital. BOY was I disappointed. First of all, my doctor was non interested and short in our primary consultation. He showed no interest in my concerns nor did he speak much. His translator did most of the talking, not sure if it was to sell me or to fluff out what he didnt care to say. The actual only reason i decided to go through with surgery was because of the glowing reviews i read on this forum. LADIES (and gents) ALWAYS ALWAYS trust your instincts. If you fe uncomfortable about something, trust your gut. NOT what people on the internet says.

Anyway, So my nose is very wide and short. I distinctly told my surgeon that I did not want to have a short nose, and that my aim was to make it longer. I paid about 6.5 million KRW for the surgeries above and i cringe to think about what revision may cost me. Not only did they charge me 1.5 million KRW extra for a cadaver cartilage I SWEAR THEY DIDNT USE, but they had the audacity to say its not shorter. My nose is a complete pigs nose now and its ALL THANKS TO THEM.Even on the day of surgery, i brought all my photos and explained in absolute detail about what i wanted and didnt want. My main and only objective was to slim and lengthen my nose. How could he have done the complete opposite? My nose is noticeably more short and bridge is bumpy af and my tip is messed up!!

I will attach my before and after photo. Pictures definitely speak louder than words, so you all can be the judge for the atrocity. Please comment or message me, I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO DO. I am utterly humiliated and stuck.

I have contacted them several several times about this concern during the first few months, but their replies have been limp. I have called but they keeep telling me i must wait to see the final result. TOTAL ******** . I have waited over five months and youre telling me its gonnna get a **** lot better than it is now? No. I know they are just pushing me off. In all honesty, I would not trust them with the thought of revision. Now i must consider what to do next. I wanted to let everyone know to NOT trust these sponsored reviews and to do lots of research OUTSIDE OF TPF. I had a conversation with a female in a kakao group chat who had a similar problem after nasal irrigation with gng WT....

ALL MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY are MORTIFIED. I cry everytime i look in the mirror and deathly stress everytime i think about whats in the middle of my face. They tell me my nose has been wrecked and my nose is completely botched and up turned!! My nostrils are completely uneven now. I cannot even begin to explain how it has been for me

I NOW HAVE A PINGHED PIG NOSE.
Hi, Joan

I'm devastated hearing about your disastrous experience with GNG Hospital. I'm very concerned right now cause I have already booked a consultation and surgeries with them for next September. Does anybody have reviews about Facial Contouring done by Dr Hye Young Kim? I saw Dr. Choi is not working at GNG Hospital anymore and I didn't see any recent reviews on Facial Contouring done by Dr. Kim at GNG. I'm not an Asian descent and I scheduled a revision rhinoplasty and a 3D Zygoma+V-line facial contouring. Please, someone help me getting more recent infos about GNG Hospital results.

Hi, Joan

I'm devastated hearing about your disastrous experience with GNG Hospital. I'm very concerned right now cause I have already booked a consultation and surgeries with them for next September. Does anybody have reviews about Facial Contouring done by Dr Hye Young Kim? I saw Dr. Choi is not working at GNG Hospital anymore and I didn't see any recent reviews on Facial Contouring done by Dr. Kim at GNG. I'm not an Asian descent and I scheduled a revision rhinoplasty and a 3D Zygoma+V-line facial contouring. Please, someone help me getting more recent infos about GNG Hospital results.
My secondary rhinoplasty is booked with Dr. Seong. Does anyone have reviews on his work? Please help me!

THere was a girl from China who had zygoma and jaw reduction at gng and was allegedly botched. I believe her 100 % bc she had photographic evidence. The screws in her face caused click sounds and her face was drooping downwards. She has a diary on a popular plastic surgery site that documented everything.
What is the plastics surgery site that he posted on ?? - I ask half a decade later lol

I am planning o going to GNG later this month. What stood out to me was their consultor being super nice and patient with me, along with their plan to use Rib for my bridge. Hope it goes well!
Are you going to rhinoplasty with Rib for bridge? May I ask price please? I need revision rhinoplasty. Hope it goes well!!