Crunch fans: IYO which color breaks in/distresses the best?

NutmegLotus

Oct 19, 2009
Does that make sense? If you are a crunch fan, which color in your opinion looks fabulous distressed or broken in. I realize that crunch is supposed to distress over time but surely there are some colors that you think looks just as terrific broken in/distressed. Just wondering--cuz I can't stop obsessing about Tano. Thanks from a newbie addict!

:welcome2:, NutmegLotus!

Good question! Well, the colors change every season but I'd have to say that my Berry Blue Minilisa has distressed the MOST, while IMO my Grape Getting Warmer has distressed the BEST. By that I mean that I prefer the distressing on the Grape GW.

2 factors to keep in mind are the bag's shape and style! On my BB Minilisa the most distressed parts are the top near the handles, and that's due to the construction of the bag. I'll try to get a pic for you this weekend if I can.

Also, I think some styles look better when they're distressed than others, but of course that's personal opinion.

Do you have any Tanos, or ones you're eyeing?

Thanks for the welcome beeb! I have one Tano (so far!) a blueberry Getting Warmer. I love it and I like the way its distressing. It makes me feel like I have been chic and cool for a long time-ha! I like the distinction you have made re: distressing most vs. the best. That's a good point for me to keep in mind. I don't have a particular bag or color in mind yet as I am quite new to Tano and still learning about all the various past/present/ colors,leathers, and styles. So while I slowly build up some more paypal, I am researching and learning as much as I can. I know what features work for me I just need to learn the aesthetics of all the Tanos. As an aside though, each bag should come with a warning---they are addictive and its virtually impossible to stop at one!

The cobalt Immeasurable is breaking in very nicely! I think it's basically the same as the blueberry you have. Both my caramel Inspired Aesthetic and and truffle Depeche broke in great too. I found the charcoal Frisco Treat faded quickly, as did the green apple To The Top. On my wish list, something in black crunch someday.

Joan

My berry blue boogie has broke in a lot...but I LOVE the marbeling on it....

I have to agree with Joan on green apple...my green apple women unite...while I adore the bag...it has faded greatly on the sides...which saddens me because it does not look good on the sides any longer...

Welcome Nutmeg!

One thing to remember about crunch.... if it gets too distressed you can always use Lubriderm or Lexol and restore it to darn near brand new looking. :yes:

Berry Blue (Biker Babe) is my winner. My Berry Blue Bag is practically pristine (I'm not a fan of distressing and am a very avid sprayer) and haven't had to do much to it to keep it that way despite a lot of use.

:welcome2:, NutmegLotus!

Good question! Well, the colors change every season but I'd have to say that my Berry Blue Minilisa has distressed the MOST, while IMO my Grape Getting Warmer has distressed the BEST. By that I mean that I prefer the distressing on the Grape GW.

2 factors to keep in mind are the bag's shape and style! On my BB Minilisa the most distressed parts are the top near the handles, and that's due to the construction of the bag. I'll try to get a pic for you this weekend if I can.

Also, I think some styles look better when they're distressed than others, but of course that's personal opinion.

Do you have any Tanos, or ones you're eyeing?

So true. I have 3 Minilisa's, blueberry, which I purchased pre-loved and she's broken in nicely, caramel, which I recently bought from That'sOurBag and that one is the MOST broken in so far. Lastly, I have a garnet Minilisa and other than the area directly below the straps, the rest of it isn't broken in at all. However, I find the crunch leather to be so soft and lightweight which is a huge plus for me. Welcome to Tano, uh, you can't stop at just one.

This is a tough question! I think most people will agree with me that Grape crunch distresses the fastest. But some Lubiderm, Apple products, etc can help with that. I like my Tanos to get a little distressed but not a ton. I think my Black crunch sex bomb shows the least amount of distressing. Although I haven't used my Smoke minilisa yet (this week she gets to come out to play!) so I can't speak to how the Lux leather distresses yet.

I hope that helps some and good luck choosing your new Tano!!

Grape does distress VERY quickly but mine got smooth, not marbled

I think the blue colors have shown the most marbling which I love - it's like swirly water or something!

Jade/teal distresses quickly as well; my blacks have hardly distressed at all.

I love the way the Tano browns distress. I see this old brown x-roads alot at my library (must be the librarian's :smile: and it has a great distressed Indiana Jones look to it.

I have two bags in pool that get very heavy use. These bags get a little wrinkle in them, but haven't marbled or lost their sheen.
My black crunch French Nanny has been used very sparingly. That bag shows no signs wear at all.
I will agree with the other posters about the grape crunch. The leather on my grape postage stamp always seems to be on the dry side. So I would say that bag has distressed the most and I hardly ever use it.

TygerKitty, I find this so surprising. I would have imagined that the black crunch would have been the most distressed or perhaps the most obviously distressed. This is good to know!

I know, isn't it weird!? The black is SUPER jet black and I dunno... mine have just shown hardly any wear at all! I love it that way though; I love the black JUST how it is!